The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

Street Build 90 TSI Back in the day build

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tsi617

Proven Member
Mar 10, 2016
Richlands, North_Carolina
Hey all, so I picked up a 1990 Tsi with more problems then I can count. The plus side is it's got no rot, just surface rust on a few small areas. The idea for this car is I was to have a car I can drive on the weekends to bring a smile to my face. I work in the Marines and spend 60+ hours a week there I'm not deployed as well as have a family and some other projects. I had a 1991 Tsi (2004-2006) that I will try to pay some respects to with the build. Also had a 94 Eclipse and a 95 TSI.

I'll post pictures of how I picked it up below.

So it all started with late night searching on Craigslist . I had a 06 Kawasaki motorcycle I built after it was dumped and rebuilt it. I offered to trade for this gal and after some negotiation, we brought her home.
Screenshot_2016-03-24-00-38-57_1.png
Screenshot_2016-03-24-00-39-05.png

So there's alot to do... Boost leaks everywhere... Hacked up wiring... Hacked body panels(firewall and the wing) mirrors don't work and it has half done mods everywhere.

Lots and lots to do!

rps20160508_095042.jpg
rps20160508_094948.jpg
rps20160508_094252.jpg

I have a 90 harness to put in, I want to put a short route fmic, intake, tune it and boost 20-25 lbs and just have fun man! Be nice to run 11.9 and I think it's probable with the mods I have.

Got my wing, mirror and some new lights, shrouds and the windshield cowl. Restoring is the goal. Love these cars.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back