The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

7 bolt head on 6 bolt block runnin hot

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gsxonjackstands

Probationary Member
Mar 22, 2005
ypsilanti, Michigan
ok swapped a 7 bolt head on a 6 bolt block new head gasket waterpump
temp guage runs hott between middle and red i dont get this never had problem before
this engine has been apart 3 times no running hot before of course i used a new headgasket each time have any of u guys run into thsi problem before?
the coolant when u take the cap off has no bubbles doesnt lose coolant new thermostat
even threw on a high psi radiator cap still same this car is seriously pissing me off
possible bad water pump even tho no leasks from weep hole? i am at my wits on this thing

Sure its not the gauge or sender? If not you may have to take the head off again and look for the blockage. Drain all of the coolant fill it back up with tap water start it up and see if you can see coolant flowing once the thermo opens. Also is the tremo facing the right way?

yeh the jiggle valve or watever u call it is facin toward the top when installed. thats the correct way right?

ok now this is gettin real funky swapped thermostat and waterpump. flushed radiator with water til ran clear. just noticed when changing water pump that the top half of radiator is hott as hell, bottom half cold as well as the lower radiator hose? :confused: i confirmed thermostat is opening at 180 degrees doing the boil water method is it possible radiator is plugged internally when water gets heated up ? radiator is new koyo aluminum . when flushing the radiator with water didnt seem to be obstructed inside radiator

yes water flows thru the radiator fine. i just swapped the old radiator does the same thing hot on top cold on bottom . not like i new to these motors its just gettin real annoying pulling the t belt etc off all the time. i have no idea wats wrong with it tried everything i could think of :toobad: dsms gonna make me go bald pullin my hair out guess the head comes off yet again

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back