The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

4G63T into a Galant 7G

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

progpil

Probationary Member
Dec 17, 2019
manila, Asia
Hello. To start, I barely know anything about engine swaps and car tuning. I got a A/T 7G Galant with a 4G63 SOHC hanging out in the driveway for years now.

I plan to have its engine swapped with a 4G63T and have fun with it. What would you guys recommend: 1G or 2G? Pros and Cons?

Not really looking to mod the car after the swap. Thanks guys.

Attached Image from google.

Attachments

• 38480500005_large.jpg
    38480500005_large.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 421
7gs primarily came with sohc 4g64 engines. You can swap to a 1g or 2g depending on power goals. Many have just done the head swap with a 2g head and added turbo with supporting mods for added power.

More can be found at thegalantcenter.

Cheaper and more cost effective route, is to put the dohc head on with the proper manifolds and a turbo. Tune and you're good to go. If you're not intending on modding it afterward, go this way so you're able to spend the money on other parts to go a long with it, instead of wasting all the money on a complete engine.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back