The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

• Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;) It will also allow you to view images in threads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Rix Racing

4g63 swapped eagle talon

jesse12345

Proven Member
Jul 30, 2014
Audubon, Minnesota
jesse12345 submitted a new DSM Profile :

Boosted 420a talon/eclipse build
A few pics I should of posted in order while I was building everything

Read more about this vehicle here...

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited:

jesse12345

Proven Member
Jul 30, 2014
Audubon, Minnesota
I got my driver's side windows and locks converted to electric last night. I also got the rear end converted to an eclipse. I bolted in the brackets just so if I ever wanted to convert back I can.

1995TalonMT

Probationary Member
May 20, 2020
Walls, Mississippi
Nice! I have a 420A as well but not boosted. Please let me know how it turned out one day I may do the same but for now I'm enjoying driving this around the way it is it runs great and looks good. I like to hear from the 420A folks to see what they have done to improve performance. Take Care!

jesse12345

Proven Member
Jul 30, 2014
Audubon, Minnesota
I drove it around a little bit last summer. Aside from the rich idle with my sfmu it boosted pretty good was definitely alot faster than an na 420a. I'm also running the stock auto transmission and it doesn't like the power very much. I Honestly wish I would of waited with putting a turbo on because once the body is how I want it I'd like to just enjoy the car and cruise around. I know they aren't real fast non turbo but they sure are more reliable.

jesse12345

Proven Member
Jul 30, 2014
Audubon, Minnesota
Didn't really get alot done but I got my tail lights all wired up correctly and as clean as I could. Talon to eclipse rear end complete. I'm very happy with how it turned out. I also left the old wire there if I ever want to convert back easily.

jesse12345

Proven Member
Jul 30, 2014
Audubon, Minnesota
Since I have a full doner car and loads of 4g stuff laying around along with a rebuilt 4g63 that's been sitting for 3 years, I've decided to go for the swap. My car has been repaired very unprofessional from when it hit a guard rail so that will be the big repair, motor has to come out anyways. So I'm going to swap subframes and motor mounts on my car. I took pictures of alot of the work I got done last night. The wiring isn't all hacked up everything I need will be right there. I didn't want to start a "420a to 4g63 swap" to avoid any arguments or anything like that. I know what needs to be done so I'm just going to dive in.

Last edited:

jesse12345

Proven Member
Jul 30, 2014
Audubon, Minnesota
Brand new carpet came in. The old stuff will be coming out anyways while I repair the Frankenstein strut tower.

jesse12345

Proven Member
Jul 30, 2014
Audubon, Minnesota
Subframes out and wiring is all out, I also gutted most of the interior.

jesse12345

Proven Member
Jul 30, 2014
Audubon, Minnesota
I might just save the motor just in case I run into a non turbo for cheap again. I also am really digging into both these cars and the only differences I see are the frame rails are mirrored. So those will have to be cut out and welded in or a guy could essentially try to measure and "guess" where the mounts go. I'm ocd and a perfectionist so I'm going to do it right. I also measure both these cars at least 10 times now and whoever welded in this strut tower on my talon welded it in an inch to far back so that will all be taken care of.

jesse12345

Proven Member
Jul 30, 2014
Audubon, Minnesota
Both cars are pretty much completely gutted engine bay wise. So this week I'm going to start cutting up the doner car and I'm pretty excited.

jesse12345

Proven Member
Jul 30, 2014
Audubon, Minnesota
Got everything cut out of the doner car. I'm still not sure how I'm going to approach my car. I may just cut to where the first bolts are to the subframe because my car is rust free and I'd like to keep it that way. At least now I have some guiding points. I cut alot more than I needed just so I have some wiggle room on mine.

jesse12345

Proven Member
Jul 30, 2014
Audubon, Minnesota
The strut tower was definitely welded on an inch to far back. I have pretty much everything ready to be cut out of my car. The next update will hopefully be a gst welded up to my non turbo. I still would like to prep everything now since it's not attached to anything and will be alot easier.

jesse12345

Proven Member
Jul 30, 2014
Audubon, Minnesota
I ordered a nice powder coated t25. It looks extremely nice and I can't wait to install it.

jesse12345

Proven Member
Jul 30, 2014
Audubon, Minnesota
I dont encourage people to chop up a good gst but in my situation my non turbo had some major damage and the gst I got was rusted beyond repair. So for me I'm pretty happy doing this swap.

jesse12345

Proven Member
Jul 30, 2014
Audubon, Minnesota
Going to mock up the doner front clip and see what I'm working with.

jesse12345

Proven Member
Jul 30, 2014
Audubon, Minnesota
Some trimming and it should slide right in I cut a little more than I had to so everything buts up nice.

jesse12345

Proven Member
Jul 30, 2014
Audubon, Minnesota
I got I all lined up I just have to test fit the fenders and the hood and bumper. The final weld job will be once I know the engine sits in there straight so that'll be next.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com Raven Fabrication RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned VR Speed Factory

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds