The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

420A 420a on 20psi

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boosting420A

Probationary Member
Mar 14, 2018
Columbia, Kentucky
Alrighty I'm new here looking around too see if anyone is pushing 20psi on a 420a?. I've recently acquired a 1995 Gs on a cheap turbo set up 8psi. I'm looking to get into 20psi or close if any body can shine some light my way with a (complete) list from head to crank of course forged internals but my concern is what do I need turbo wise fuel pump injectors fuel rail just kinda a list from start to finish. As of now it's a fresh rebuilt stock 420a 50mm trim turbo kit probably from eBay was on it when bought and a Apex super air flow converter

What is your power goal? Saying 20 psi really means nothing. If you want 300 whp, 400 whp, you will size your turbo accordingly.

Forged pistons and rods are all you need for internals. Then all of the supporting mods for your power level. Injectors and pump size will be driven by your power goal and fuel choice.

One of the bigger hurdles for us 420a guys is the tuning side of things. Most of us ditch the factory ECU and run megasquirt.

Yea some we're along the line of 300-400 Hp max just want a fun daily driver. Thinking Eagle H Beam rods New crank and Je pistons .20 over crower stage 2 turbo grind cams 1mm oversize valve decked block and head Hks adjustable cam gears gates timing belt walbroo 255 pump and bigger injectors. And as far as the tuning stuff goes I have no ideal Mega Squirt is good but I think it's called Aem or something I'm guessing it's like mega squirt that thang is crazy high only one I can find is $1200. And turbo wise I don't know what to get what would be a decently good turbo without breaking the bank

Motor is coming out here soon to do wire tuck and other needed things also got to looking and the ECU that's in the car is from a 98 eclipse and mine is 95 why was that done for tuning reasons or what idk

The 2gb at least turbo models have the black box ecu that can be flashed they may have changed to flash tune the car

No, the 420a ECUs can not be reflashed. If it was changed, the original probably died. You can run any standalone controller you want. Megasquirt, Aem, haltech, etc.

Hahn also sold a portfueler system that still utilized the stock ecu and added fuel on top of that with some extra injectors. The downside to this is you have to add another box to control ignition timing if you want to make decent power.

There are pros and cons to every solution. You will need to decide what's best for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back