The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

420a n/t fuel rail

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EDM95

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 25, 2007
amarillo, Texas
I was wondering if someone can post a pic of a 95 eclipse 420a n/t fuel rail and where can i get one from? Also the fpr is part of the fr so i was wondering if there is a different fr that i can use because i am having a problem finding one. Help

On a side note, only the early fuel system has the fpr on the rail. I believe its the production dates that are in the 94's and early 95's.

I'll take a picture and post it up later.

I suggest looking for people parting out '95 420As on 2GNT.com. I have one if you really need it... PM me about it.

You can disable the stock FPR (on a '95) by sawing off the inner O-ringed section. By doing that, you can add an aftermarket or other FPR inline anywhere on the return line.

No, not at all... the stock, early style fuel rail looks like the diagram below. It doubles back on itself internally. If you remove the part of the FPR that protrudes into the internal return tube, you can keep the FPR on the rail (so it won't leak), but remove any fuel pressure regulating features. Look at this link for more information:

http://www.2gnt.com/www/corbin/fpr.html

Attachments

• FuelRail.bmp
    373.7 KB · Views: 311
Hey mabey this will help... And i just got a new one so pm me if you want to pick her up...

Attachments

• Picture 075.jpg
    Picture 075.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 386
  • Picture 027.jpg
    Picture 027.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 289
VelocitàPaola;151245623 said:
No, not at all... the stock, early style fuel rail looks like the diagram below. It doubles back on itself internally. If you remove the part of the FPR that protrudes into the internal return tube, you can keep the FPR on the rail (so it won't leak), but remove any fuel pressure regulating features. Look at this link for more information:

http://www.2gnt.com/www/corbin/fpr.html

Ok this says you can remove the fpr right so why can you just replace it with another that looks the same can can you? oh in that pic i see a o ring say that was the problem i put a new o ring put it back on would it still leak

When you get the split ring off, put a big rag under the FPR. If you put a little less pressure on the FPR, the gas will start to leak out onto the rag. Let it all leak out and then pull the FPR off. Then take a hack-saw and cut the FPR

Ok this says you can remove the fpr right so why can you just replace it with another that looks the same can can you? oh in that pic i see a o ring say that was the problem i put a new o ring put it back on would it still leak

When you get the split ring off, put a big rag under the FPR. If you put a little less pressure on the FPR, the gas will start to leak out onto the rag. Let it all leak out and then pull the FPR off. Then take a hack-saw and cut the FPR

Their are 2 o rings one is the larger oring that seals the fpr on the fuel rail. Keep that one on their, the small plastic spacer under that needs to be their too. you hacksaw the small nipple off and file it so their are no burs or imperfections. also keep the screen filter at the end of the fpr. Just look at the pic.

Also what type of fpr do u plan on running and why do you want to change it?...

Because the o-rings are bad and i cant find any that are the same and the fuel leaks out

You need to find someone with an o ring kit. Or you would have to rob one outta a wreck... I'm just throwin ideas out there.

If worst case scenario pm me and ill sell you my old one...

Just pick up a couple new ones from the dealer. I can't imagine they'd cost more than a dollar each. I'll find part numbers for you tomorrow.

i called the dealer so i can get a new fuel rail and they told me they had a split that year. So now im wondering what a split hmm so does any one know the diffrence

Give the dealer your VIN, and they should be able to get the exact part for your particular vehicle.

my fpr leaked when i got my car almost running, and i took it off and took it to autozone, they fitted an o ring just a bit larger than the diameter of the fpr, and i put a little grease on there and she popped right in. maybe it would work for you too. and it was the larger o ring, 60 or so cents too, very simple fix. hope this helps

:dsm:

also, a tiny screwdriver can get the snap ring off. just put it in one of the holes, open it up a little, and gently roll it out. just a trick i like to add for someone now or in the future who may be reading and not have snap ring pliers. but the right tools always help. you can also just roll it back on too.

So i called up the dealer and gave them the vin# they told me they no longer make that fuel rail so i am likeWTF. so i am like what about the fpr he was like yea we got to order that one and im like what if it is not the right one? He said there is no returns on this part im likeWTF i am like how much does it cost he is like $178 im like for a fpr:mad: im like ok then let me call you later.:barf: :cry: :barf: Any how i was wondering if someone can look up this part up and post a pic part#Mo4883076 that way i can be sure before i try to get this part :barf: :barf: Thanks

Here is the FPR in CAPS. $178 is not an outrageous price for a dealer item like that.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited by a moderator:
yes it is because they sell the turbo fpr down at autozn for like $60 and like i said how do i know its the right part because there is no refunds exchanges nothing you got to understand where im coming from. up in that pic on row 3 that is the part# the guy gave me and on row 1 is that the part# of the pic of the fpr above i confused

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back