The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

3rd maxed out

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

20psimitsu

20+ Year Contributor
Aug 22, 2002
San Antonio, Texas
One of the shop cars is 1g 2.4 auto and is topping out 8300 rpms @ 126 in the 1/4. What kind rpm's are ya'll hitting to get in the 130-140's. What kind of mods (trans) are needed to get the mph needed. Try'n to figure this out, any help would be great!!!!!!

Patrick

What size tires are you using??.. I was at about 8500 through the traps at about 145 mph and thats on 26" tall slicks.. if I get a chance to go to the track without rain I might have to give 4th gear a try. As of right now I dont think there is anything you can do inside the trans to get a taller 3rd gear.

Scott

One of the shop cars is 1g 2.4 auto and is topping out 8300 rpms @ 126 in the 1/4. What kind rpm's are ya'll hitting to get in the 130-140's. What kind of mods (trans) are needed to get the mph needed. Try'n to figure this out, any help would be great!!!!!!

Patrick

If your converter is not efficient the rpms will climb up much more than a tighter converter. You can easily lose 500 rpms with a less efficient converter.

Who's are you running??

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back