The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

3g Eclipse

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yea, I've spent a lot of time in Japan in Tokyo and Misawa. I've never seen an Eclipse over there. I'm pretty sure the only eclipse ever in japan was a left hand drive spyder for a few years in the early 2000s and the eclipse EV. The eclipse is made by mitsubishi of north america. Even if the car was shipped to Japan and comes back, it's still an american car. Tell your friend to read a book and stop getting his car information from Need for Speed.

Ok so this discussion is going on in face book and has gone along way. I haven't posted anymore. I just give up on their ignorance.
Now some other's stated that all Mitsubishi's are DSM's haha
Cant believe these people.
I will probably post the link of this thread so they can read it.
Or maybe not so they can keep f##ig their cars up.

Ok so this discussion is going on in face book and has gone along way. I haven't posted anymore. I just give up on their ignorance.
Now some other's stated that all Mitsubishi's are DSM's haha
Cant believe these people.
I will probably post the link of this thread so they can read it.
Or maybe not so they can keep f##ig their cars up.

Personally, just don't even try. It's not worth it, i have gotten into so many arguements with kids about things such as this and related to it, and they will never take factual evidence as proof. Just the other day a local kid bought a 99 gsx and claimed if it broke he'd just put a evo 8 motor in it.. and he was saying that he is going to buy some JDM parts for it and blah.

If only another trade embargo would be created, to stop the passing of JDM trash.

Personally, just don't even try. It's not worth it, i have gotten into so many arguements with kids about things such as this and related to it, and they will never take factual evidence as proof. Just the other day a local kid bought a 99 gsx and claimed if it broke he'd just put a evo 8 motor in it.. and he was saying that he is going to buy some JDM parts for it and blah.

If only another trade embargo would be created, to stop the passing of JDM trash.

Sounds like some dudes I work with.

Apparently FWD makes better times in a 1/4 than AWD/RWD, the Talon is kind of like the Eclipse cept it has slower parts, the B18 is the best I4 motor you can get as well as being able to support 600hp on a stock bottom end... unsleeved... oh and cast iron blocks require stronger sleeves than an aluminum blocks. Best yet, the D15 is better than a B20 because the D15 supports higher revs.

That was from a guy who works at a local tuner shop who claims they run 9s but only have videos of 11s on 650hp+ cars and most of their videos show them blowing motors.

This guy also said VTEC was ECU controlled AFTER I showed him a video on how the system works.

Oh, btw I have a 100% USDM LHD Talon, sick I know... it's like I ordered Angus or something!

I think we're all missing the point here. If he owns a 3g eclipse he is ###. It doesn't matter if it came from japan or not.

Hey hey, there's nothing wrong with the 3rd gens LOL. They are just a little on the slow and heavy side.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Just messin man:D

typical mind - anything that sounds japanese has to be JDM.... it's just a mind set really . mitsubishi being a japanese company for the most part people think all the cars are JDM

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back