The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

300 hp dd 98 tsi fwd

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I finally got around to tearing my valve body out transmission fluids is frieken cold :p now onto tearing it apart for my shift kit install :thumb:

Attachments

• 1609647_691631320887316_731188698_n.jpg
    1609647_691631320887316_731188698_n.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 97
Little update i got my shift kit installed and it wasnt actually hard just annoying working with little pieces i wish IPT would paint the colored springs in a way the paint wouldent rub off during shipping LOL but other than that I followed the videos and it turned out great replacing solenoids too the ones in the picture worry me theres alot of gunk on them but I got new ones so who cares :D

One of the things that also worried me were the check balls i pulled out of my valve body were blue???? ive never seen that and it was only one of them? but replaced anyway there are signs of someone pulled the valve body apart before they stripped the bolts a little not horribly lucky for me. ;)

Attachments

• 1621825_694379070612541_1084045813_n.jpg
    1621825_694379070612541_1084045813_n.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 110
  • 1656238_694430420607406_1858682457_n.jpg
    1656238_694430420607406_1858682457_n.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 112
  • 1902827_694430500607398_1670312506_n.jpg
    1902827_694430500607398_1670312506_n.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 117
So little update got the transmission back together and it had no reverse turns out i spilled more fluid draining it then i thought got another quart put it in and my reverse came back:thumb:

After this victory i decided some on my new parts should go on i got hard IC piping for stock pipes and a flange pipe for my hks bov :D

a few silicone couplers and trimming later it was all on and i was ready to hear that loud woosh form the hks when......my turbo decided to take a s*it on me so loud scraping was all i heard i guess when the piping was replaced it was too much presssure not having all those boost leaks but now i have a ten pound paperweight:notgood:
needless to say i will not be driving this car anytime soon unfortunately guess thats how it goes though gotta take the good with the bad:ohdamn:

y3aqy9ud.jpg
4agyve4u.jpg
ebazure7.jpg

Got some stuff in the mail today a hallman mbc and some Evo 9 injectors I thought Evo injectors were pink thought?

EDIT turns out they are lucas/RC 550s or 510s D1151BA is the id number

ysyjata4.jpg
6y5epa9a.jpg
so I have gathered yet another part in my journey to have this car on the road it's an evo9 fuel pump now all I need is the not broken turbo LOL

ja3a4yju.jpg
y5e2uden.jpg
ameruqe6.jpg
jezunema.jpg
pumapesy.jpg
9y8u7ate.jpg
6y8e8yvu.jpg

got my new injectors in took 5 minutes tried to get the fuel pump out forgot my wrenches at my house (15 miles away from my house) changed the wheel caps on the gst wheels doing stupid little things like replacing clamps hoses ect...

Im so so so behind. I've been down for a little over a month and finally installing the 16g. Hope to meet you real soon :thumb:

FYI if you don't want too swap those 2gb talon bumpers for 2gb eclipse bumpers let me know :sneaky:

Im so so so behind. I've been down for a little over a month and finally installing the 16g. Hope to meet you real soon :thumb:

FYI if you don't want too swap those 2gb talon bumpers for 2gb eclipse bumpers let me know :sneaky:

I love the way my talon looks, but Id say you are ahead of me at least you have the turbo :thumb:

Good luck with the build! Think our cars always pick the best time to mess up, its usually after it gets attention and an upgrade. My Supra did that, turbo went out the very day I got it running right and getting into boost LOL.
Being perfectly honest you really dont need to spend that much for 300hp... Its a relatively conservative goal and doesnt take the biggest and the best of parts ya know :) Good job on the evo pump, as long as youre planning on sticking with that goal and not building for higher later on then thats all you'd need so you can skip the 255/AFPR. I made 333/325 whp on pump, and thats a very tired 215k mile 6 bolt, so 7.8 compression not 8.5. Youll get there. Any questions just ask, Ill subcribe and contribute where I can

Good luck with the build! Think our cars always pick the best time to mess up, its usually after it gets attention and an upgrade. My Supra did that, turbo went out the very day I got it running right and getting into boost LOL.
Being perfectly honest you really dont need to spend that much for 300hp... Its a relatively conservative goal and doesnt take the biggest and the best of parts ya know :) Good job on the evo pump, as long as youre planning on sticking with that goal and not building for higher later on then thats all you'd need so you can skip the 255/AFPR. I made 333/325 whp on pump, and thats a very tired 215k mile 6 bolt, so 7.8 compression not 8.5. Youll get there. Any questions just ask, Ill subcribe and contribute where I can

Thanks man i appreciate it:thumb: the only thing im worried about honestly is tuning my computer sucks and i know nothing about tuning the air fuel LOL

Ok big update im sending the ol black box ecu out to a fellow dsmer and hes gonna tune it for me and give me 2 step and antilag control as well finally the tuning question has been answered! :D

Ok big update im sending the ol black box ecu out to a fellow dsmer and hes gonna tune it for me and give me 2 step and antilag control as well finally the tuning question has been answered! :D

It is SUPER easy to do this to a black box ECU. If you get the Tactrix cable, all you do is plug it in and flash the ECU with CeddyMods. It sounds hard, but trust me if I can do it so can you.

It is SUPER easy to do this to a black box ECU. If you get the Tactrix cable, all you do is plug it in and flash the ECU with CeddyMods. It sounds hard, but trust me if I can do it so can you.

Thank you for having faith in me but i have a mac and its a real old crappy one that i doubt they would make compatible with it and hes only charging 60 bucks so i dont mind hes a local dsmer. :thumb:

Parts in the mail!
i sent the ecu out to be tuned and the turbo just got ordered im getting close now i just need an exhaust :p

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back