The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

98 gst dd

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PearlSweatshirt

Proven Member
Dec 10, 2013
Georgetown, Kentucky
So once I get finished with the maintnence. (T-belt, boost leaks, gaskets, etc) I plan on starting with the electronics/gauges first. I wanna go with a glow shift 3 pillar. Aem digital boost/oil temp/fuel pressure gauges. Aem uego or innovate lc wideband. Apexi safc, then from there get it tuned and start with my bolt ons. What do you all think? Should I add something before tune?

For your wideband you can go with the AEM or the LC-2. http://www.ecmtuning.com/product_info.php?cPath=28&products_id=60
I use the AEM but it takes some tinkering to get it to read correctly. For ease of use if I were to do it again, id go with the LC-2 Wideband
For tuning you could get it tuned now but that doesn't really make much sense if you plan on upgrading parts. For example if you get tuned for 450cc injectors and then go and get FIC 1150cc injectors that tune will do you no good.
If you are stock I would leave it as is until you figure out what you want.

Set out a budget, decide on your power goals. Get parts to meet your goals and all supporting mods.
I would advise to get all your parts first and then install that way you can do it all at once and get it tuned once instead of having to re-tune each time you add something.
Then you will need a good tuning device, I recommend ECMLINK as will many others, lots of options with it, but there are others, less expensive.

Keep us updated with your plans and i'm sure people will have input and recommendations and the likes. :)
P.S
For your gauges, I use only Oil Pressure, WideBand, and Boost. The others are optional, some people like to see their water temp, fuel pressure constantly but its all personal choice. But the ones that are a must would be your WideBand and your Boost.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back