The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

ECMlink 2nd gear pull

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bo0sTeD 4G63

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 31, 2008
Miami, Florida
1). Any boost, vac, or exhaust leaks? Boost leak tested 5psi above your max boost with no leaks?
No

2). Verified mechanical timing?
Yes

3). Verified base timing?
Yes

4). Ignition system
COP or Stock Coil: Stock
Wire brand and Age: NGK, less than a week old
Spark plug brand, type and Gap: NGK BPR7ES 0.28

5). Motor health (Compression Test)
Cylinder 1: 155
Cylinder 2: 155
Cylinder 3: 155
Cylinder 4: 155

6). Performed basic throttle body adjustments?
Idle Switch: No
Throttle Cable: Yes
TPS: Yes
BISS: Yes

7). Compression ratio
Stock 2g

8). Any known bad sensors or brittle wiring?
No

9). Any DTC/CEL codes?
No

10). Electrical system
Car off (not running): 11.7-12.4
Car running: 13.4-14.1

11). Basefuel pressureand injector values
Base Fuel Pressure: 50 psi
Injector Size (cc/min): FIC Hi-Z 2150cc

12). Properly calibrated and configured wideband sensor
Sensor Brand: AEM UEGO
Calibration Date: Last week

13). Type of fuel
Type: E85
Percent of Ethanol:

14). Watched ECMlink how-to videos?
Yes

I did a second gear pull and at around 5k rpms the car feels like it is surging. This happens in every gear from 5k and up. It is happening usually when there is load. I dont know if it has anything to do with the tune but I am sure my tune needs work.

Attachments

• log.2016.06.19-01.elg
    23.7 KB · Views: 45
Your tune needs a lot of work.

First, you're WAY too rich for E85. You should be shooting closer to 12.0:1 AFR. You're at 9.6:1. Modify your DA fuel table to shoot for 12.0:1.

Second, you're WBO2 isn't tracking anywhere near your AFRatioEst. Your SD table needs a lot of adjustment. I'd lean out your DA fuel table, and then make some 3rd gear pulls to dial it in better. Are you familiar with how to do this?

Your tune needs a lot of work.

First, you're WAY too rich for E85. You should be shooting closer to 12.0:1 AFR. You're at 9.6:1. Modify your DA fuel table to shoot for 12.0:1.

Second, you're WBO2 isn't tracking anywhere near your AFRatioEst. Your SD table needs a lot of adjustment. I'd lean out your DA fuel table, and then make some 3rd gear pulls to dial it in better. Are you familiar with how to do this?

I am actually new to tuning, I have been reading alot about tuning with ecmlink but I do not want to start changing things until I understand how to tune. I had a friend give me this base tune just to get the car running because thats all I needed to do and he did tell me it needs alot of work but it was tuned just to get the car to the shop to get it tuned I just cant find a shop by me that tunes ecmlink.

I am actually new to tuning, I have been reading alot about tuning with ecmlink but I do not want to start changing things until I understand how to tune. I had a friend give me this base tune just to get the car running because thats all I needed to do and he did tell me it needs alot of work but it was tuned just to get the car to the shop to get it tuned I just cant find a shop by me that tunes ecmlink.

Have you had a moment to watch these videos?

http://www.ecmtuning.com/demos.php

Ok, well load DA fuel the table I've attached below. That will at least get your target AFRs closer to where they need to be.

Your timing table is conservative, and your boost level is relatively low for E85. Load the timing table I gave you and go make a 3rd gear pull if you want. We can work on your SD table form there.

Attachments

• 11.8AFRdirectaccess.2016.06.20-01.eda
    10.6 KB · Views: 60
Have you had a moment to watch these videos?

http://www.ecmtuning.com/demos.php

Yes, I have watched all those videos.

Ok, well load DA fuel the table I've attached below. That will at least get your target AFRs closer to where they need to be.

Your timing table is conservative, and your boost level is relatively low for E85. Load the timing table I gave you and go make a 3rd gear pull if you want. We can work on your SD table form there.

Ok thank you very much for your help. I will post a new log as soon as I do the 3rd gear pull.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back