The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

2ga eclipse lip, front spoiler, 95, 96

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

95Gstman

15+ Year Contributor
Jun 22, 2005
San Marcos, Texas
Code:
I have been looking for a decent lip/splitter for the 2ga eclipse for some time now, but have yet to see anything that i liked. I know people like the tsunami, and ralliart, but i was still looking for something diffrent. Then i came accross this on ebay (i know it is ebay) ane it looked pretty good. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1995...36475QQitemZ8053921732QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW Has anyone ever seen this on a car? Maybe someone with photoshoping skills could work their magic. Just trying to get opinions. Thanks.

I actually like that one a lot. I was thinking about putting either a lip on mine or a kit but I can't decide yet, LOL. A lip would be a lot cheaper but eh, who knows.

I would defenitely go with a lip, because i really havent seen any body kits for the eclipse that i like. All of them are to flashy. A lip looks classy and sporty. Plus if you get a kit the only way to do it right would be with a urethane kit that has been molded. Which is going to cost you some pretty good change. I wonder exactly how this lip would bolt up.

Plus if you get a kit the only way to do it right would be with a urethane kit that has been molded. Which is going to cost you some pretty good change. I wonder exactly how this lip would bolt up.

Why do you say that? Whats wrong with fiberglass? If it was me i would go with fiberglass any day before i go with urethane. Why do you need a flexible bumper so that when you hit something it flexes when paint isnt flexible and will crack anyways, so either way you have to paint it again. I would go with fiberglass its much better in my opinion, much lighter and easier to work with.

i ordered the ralliart 2ga front lip off ebay last nite $146 shipped w/ insurance. will see how it turns out when i get back to virginia at the end of september..

Show us pics when u get it installed. Will the lips for the 2ga eclipse fit well with the 2ga talon bumpers?

this lip isnt fiberglass at all. its more of a rubbery material... ? need to find some screws/something to fasten the kit to bumper but from what i can tell it matches up to the bumper perfectly!

any ideas on what to use to fasten the lip to the bumper?

EDIT: excuse the stupidity.. rubbery material.. LOL. says polyurethane on ebay site..

dont plan on painting it any time soon .. black car.. black lip.. basically its covering the grey part of the front bumper.. and no its not predrilled...

vaboys2ndgen said:
this lip isnt fiberglass at all. its more of a rubbery material... ? need to find some screws/something to fasten the kit to bumper but from what i can tell it matches up to the bumper perfectly!

any ideas on what to use to fasten the lip to the bumper?

EDIT: excuse the stupidity.. rubbery material.. LOL. says polyurethane on ebay site..

Since it's made of urethane, install is really easy. Since there's so much room to
work with (unlike brittle fiberglass). You will need some generic bolts and screws and a drill, and just screw in all the places where you think the lip needs to be held firmly; it's all up to you.

Here's some info if you need to paint it:

You will need to have the lip professionally painted though. I did it with the lip OFF the car.
It's urethane, so the painter will need to add a special flex agent to it. Should cost about $150. DO NOT spray paint the lip! It will crack and chip in a
few days (been there, done that, LOL).

probably will have to come off once i get the car lowered. so i wont paint it. will go buy some tape and screws tomorrow and see what i can come up with. thanks

any specific screws etc. i need to use. and has any1 else on this site installed this same lip i got.. ralliart 2ga front lip???

ugh.

I would recommend getting stainless steel screws, that way you won't have to worry about rust.

vaboys2ndgen said:
any specific screws etc. i need to use. and has any1 else on this site installed this same lip i got.. ralliart 2ga front lip???

ugh.

Yeah just get some generic SS screws from home depot. I had mine installed for about 7 months but the look just didn't do it for me anymore so I took it off and sold it. Mine was 2GB though....

Here's a pic though from the gallery in case you want to see how it looks on a 2Ga........

Attachments

• galleryyy.jpg
    galleryyy.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 2,081
dont happen to remember what size do you? LOL not to be anal but im new to this type of thing

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back