The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

2g Timing Belt Cover Middle Section

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Devilsfutbol17

15+ Year Contributor
Jul 27, 2007
Bellingham, Washington
How do you take this piece off correctly? I felt like I was going to break it when I removed it and it did break when I tried to install it. I searched before trying to install it and found nothing about how to do it, so I must be retarded because I couldn't prevent it from breaking.

Any help so that I don't break the new one next time I need to remove the timing belt would be very much appreciated. Thanks

Attachments

• IMAG0160.jpg
    IMAG0160.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 155
Yours is already broken. It shouldn't be cracked down the middle. The correct way to get it off is to remove the studs in the mount bracket than remove the bolts holding it on and slide it out.

Yeah I know its broke, I broke it when I put it back in. I barely got it off without breaking it, then broke it installing it. Those two(only one stud is visible in pic) studs in the picture come out of the engine bracket? Is that what your trying to tell me?

I used the VFAQ to do the installation, so pointing me there is no help. Thanks though.

Last edited:
there a pain, i broke 2 of them before i figured out you have to remove the studs .ive seen some people cut the middle bolt hole out so you can slide it in and out , ive never personaly done it tho

yeah for sure a pain just refer to the help thats already been giving seems to be helpful when read

put 2 nuts together on each one and jam them together. Then unscrew it by putting the wrench on the lower nut. the cover will then go right on. when putting the studs back, put the wrench on the upper nut.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back