The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

2g Oil Cooler Setup?...

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xteekayx

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 19, 2005
North Jersey, New_Jersey
Fellows,

I'm tring to set up a air to oil, oil cooler on my 2nd gen. I have a 6bolt swap but the corny water to oil stock 2g oil cooler is still there and i don't feel much confrtable with it. So i just wanna ask which adapters do i need or where can i take the oil from to lead to oil cooler and then where to return it from the cooler. I was think to put a sandwitch plate on there but i need some recomendations on which sandwich plate do i need?? is sandwitch plate good enough??...... please any help on this would be gladly appreciated.

is this gonna work?...
eBay Motors: 3000GT Eclipse Lancer EVO OIL FILTER SANDWICH PLATE (item 320181511464 end time Nov-18-07 14:36:40 PST)

Sandwiche plates can be an alternative to switching to a 90 or evo3 housing, but they move the oil filter out further from the housing and thus, forcing you to switch oil filter types. You can do that or just spend an extra 60 dollars and switcht to the appropriate OFH.

or

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/articles-engine-fuel/271069-2g-external-oil-cooler-install.html

AWESOME!!!!

so the 1990 oil filter housing is gonna fit right?.. .can you give me a direct link on which housing to buy?.... don't wanna order the wrong stuff.... thanks alot man!!!

i'm so confused on which one to get... the 7bolt or 6 bolt?.... i guess the since i have a 6bolt motor in a 2nd gen i should be getting 6bolt OFH, right???

Thank You!
i'm gonna call them tomorrow and also check local dealerships... my store i used to work at has an account with the local dealership so i'll give them a call and see if they can get me a MD132912 part :) (1990 OFH)...

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back