1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

2g motor mounts

Posted by hellraz0r1337, Nov 25, 2007

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
  1. hellraz0r1337

hellraz0r1337 Proven Member

Joined Feb 14, 2005
    niskayuna, New York
    ok ive searched and all i can find are people saying put inserts in... are the awd and fwd motor mounts the same for 2gs?

like i have a 2g shell with all my motor mounts and im gonna go buy a gst tomorrow all i want to know is if i take my 7bolt out of my awd and put it in the fwd and put the gst tranny on will it all bolt up fine?

2. Red97Eclipseboy

Red97Eclipseboy Proven Member

Joined Feb 3, 2004
    Chicagoland, Illinois
    2g to 2g. Yes, it'll be fine.

812  0

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    13.840 @ 107.000 · 2G DSM
  3. thekellbeast

thekellbeast Proven Member

Joined Jun 28, 2003
    Portland, Maine
    Here's a better question for you. Why does Prothane only make INSERTS for the front and rear transaxle mounts, instead of total replacements like the driver's and passenger's side? I've heard rumors of Bushur? making total replacements for those, but never really found any for sale. Oh well, there's always big chunks of plastic that are just asking to be cut down.

4. turbodsm18

turbodsm18 Proven Member

Joined Jan 26, 2005
    816/417, Missouri
    My only guess would be that the side motor mounts are a solid piece from the factory. Prothane then has to make a full replacement where as the front and back dont need to be full replacement. I cant imagine how the car would feel with 4 solid prothanes in it...

5. just2asian

just2asian Proven Member

Joined Feb 13, 2006
    Stow, Ohio
    I'm going to have to agree on the above comment.