The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

1G Talon "Project Sharkeisha"

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This is the build thread for my 1g AWD Talon street car. I'm a 16 year old high school student with a part time job, almost my whole pay check goes into my build. I plan to go over all aspects of the car, mostly performance but I want it to look nice too. I've been around DSM's for a couple years and even after seeing others peoples constant problems, I'm still drawn to own one. I chose the project name "Sharkeisha" because she will be painted a gloss black and she can whoop some ass.
I bought my first DSM the christmas of 2013, it was a 91 Eclipse GS the interior was mint condition, the engine had surface rust on the cylinder walls but after i removed the engine and stripped the interior I had to make the decision to bring the Eclipse to the junkyard so I could get a GSX, I wish I couldve got someone to buy the GS because I felt a little guilty on bringing one to the junkyard where 9/10 chances it will just sit and rot..
On May 16, 2014, me, my dad, and one of my good friends went and picked up my Talon. Words cannot express the happiness I felt. The whole way back home I couldnt help but keep my eyes on the beatup beauty on the trailer more than the road. What was supposed to be a 4 hour drive turned into double that because the GPS had some how relocated to a whole other area, and I hadnt caught on until we arrived at on a dirt road and it was telling me to take a left onto "offroad"..
IMG_4488.jpg

IMG_8261.jpg

IMG_6638.jpg

IMG_7496.jpg

IMG_9079.jpg

Last edited:
I agree man, its better than being out doing drugs, stealing stuff, beating people up or whatever... Whenever my parents whined about it (in my younger days) I said I could out getting high and girls pregnant instead! ROFL

I agree man, its better than being out doing drugs, stealing stuff, beating people up or whatever... Whenever my parents whined about it (in my younger days) I said I could out getting high and girls pregnant instead! ROFL

Haha yea, I say the same thing. "Your spending too much money on that car!" "Yea well at least i'm spending it on the car and not on drugs!"

Antenna and Rear Wiper Shave
My first thing I wanted to do is replace the wing with the Eclipse's 1ga wing, I didn't want to ruin the hatch on the Talon so I just replaced the hatch with the one that I had salvaged off of my parts car.​
IMG_4750.jpg

I decided to shave the antenna and rear windshield wiper, I used plastic cutouts and cemented them to the underside of the wing and the side piece of the wing, from there I used a fiberglass filler and sanded them down. I am still in the progress of finishing them because I have been caught up at work. Here is some photos of the progress.
IMG_4971.jpg
IMG_1327.jpg
IMG_0050.jpg
IMG_4312.jpg
IMG_5720.jpg
IMG_4692.jpg
IMG_5139.jpg

IMG_4342.jpg

Finished Shave
10645272_783307155048241_1875222102452720562_n.jpg

Last edited:
Fusebox Relocation

I havent been able to post lately due to summer school and work and when im not busy Ive been working on my fuse box relocation. I extended all of the wires by 5ft, it took way longer than it should have but I'm in no rush. Today I started looking at where the wires are going to run at, here are some pictures of my progress.
IMG_7762.jpg

IMG_3955.jpg

IMG_8355.jpg

IMG_0136.jpg

IMG_0853.jpg

(To be continued)

Last edited:
Hello, im also relocating my fuse box and deleting all the wires i do not need out of the wiring harness. I have a question for you though, is there a step by step, pictures included of someone doing this? Not to be off topic but this is the FIRST time of me even posting anything on dsmtuners. I registered a little while ago, i just never knew how to use this website and im still having a little trouble. Haha. Thanks for any help if you can by the way.

Hello, im also relocating my fuse box and deleting all the wires i do not need out of the wiring harness. I have a question for you though, is there a step by step, pictures included of someone doing this? Not to be off topic but this is the FIRST time of me even posting anything on dsmtuners. I registered a little while ago, i just never knew how to use this website and im still having a little trouble. Haha. Thanks for any help if you can by the way.
Its totally okay and I wouldn't consider it off topic as it is a great question, personally I didn't see a step by step post I had a friend who did this with his 240sx and I just followed what he did, after I pulled my whole harness out I tagged each connector with their correct tag and I also got a spiral notebook and wrote down what each labeled tag was, when I tagged all the connectors I looked in my spiral and marked next to all the connectors i was deleting when that was done I would look at that connector and I followed each wire all the way to where they went to, to make sure it didnt connect to anything i mightve still needed. It actually surprised me when it didnt so i cut the wire out of wherever it lead to and when it was all done I had all the connectors I needed and there was no stray wires, when that was done i moved on to extending my wires, I spliced them 1 by 1 extending all of them by 5 ft after that was done I again had to splice the wires in two close to the fuse box so i could fit it in my glove box i labeled all of them so i knew which wire would come back together by labeling one side "1" and the other side "1" then go to the next wire and label it "2" and so on. I made a reasonable size template for the fuse box where to run the wires through, I used a dremel to cut it out, when it was cut out I fit the fuse box where I wanted it and put the wires through the hole then reconnected them all. after that I ordered some wire loom and some clips that came in handy for tucking them under the fenders, I will link them at the end of this post. I ended up using 3/4" and it worked very well but yours might be a little bit thinner around it all depends really. as of now I have fitted it back up and it looks good, Im unable to take pictures at the moment because my phone is trashed and I am waiting on a new one. If you have any more questions please let me know and I'll help you to the best of my abilities. good luck buddy!

Well I appreciate the response and i will try my best on this wiring tuck/delete and fuse box relocation and If i get stuck on any of it i wont hesitate to ask you for help because you know how to do it. I feel ALOT better knowing im talking to someone that has done it anyways because you will know what im talking about when i have a question. I actually have a few more questions being since im new on this site and i really like it by the way. Sooo many DSM People!! Alright first is, how do i sell car parts or make an ad? Second, how do i start a page kinda like "Hello everybody my names...and im building this car"...like a write up to show what im building and my plans and stuff? Third is, can i post pictures of my car and if i need help on here to show you what i have done so far with the harness? Also how do i post pictures? Like right now if i wanted to show you where im at with my harness? Thank you so much. It really means alot. :dsm::D

Well I appreciate the response and i will try my best on this wiring tuck/delete and fuse box relocation and If i get stuck on any of it i wont hesitate to ask you for help because you know how to do it. I feel ALOT better knowing im talking to someone that has done it anyways because you will know what im talking about when i have a question. I actually have a few more questions being since im new on this site and i really like it by the way. Sooo many DSM People!! Alright first is, how do i sell car parts or make an ad? Second, how do i start a page kinda like "Hello everybody my names...and im building this car"...like a write up to show what im building and my plans and stuff? Third is, can i post pictures of my car and if i need help on here to show you what i have done so far with the harness? Also how do i post pictures? Like right now if i wanted to show you where im at with my harness? Thank you so much. It really means alot. :dsm::D
I have never actually sold car parts on this website, I am in numerous groups on facebook, strictly for dsm. If you would like, you can send me your name or just add me on facebook my name is Caleb Marceaux, and just send me a pm and Ill get you into the groups and you can sell things and they will most likely be sold quicker there :). Also to make something like this you just have to make a "dsm profile", if you look at the "ribbon" on the top you will see the tab and if you hover over it one of the options is create dsm profile. To answer your third question, to minimize clutter you can also send them to me on facebook and ill reply there

Dang well okay, im in a few groups as well i usually only post on Craigslist and i just added you on Facebook man. Thanks for All your help again!! I guess we can work on my harness on facebook through messages?

Engine Work
I started off with a 6bolt block from a 91 GS, I bored the block .20 over and used 2g NPR pistons on 1g stock turbo rods and crankshaft, I also used ACL trimetal rod and main bearings.
This is the block when I pulled it and how it sits now.
engine 2.jpg

engine.jpg
engine 1.jpg
I finally got around to doing some more work to the block. I installed a brand new front case, oil pump, gears, balance shaft elimination kit, and oil filter bracket with the oil cooler sandwich.
wnginw.jpg

(To Be Continued)​

Last edited:
Biscuit33 updated 1G Talon "Project Sharkeisha"

View updates to this DSM profile...[DOUBLEPOST=1414652410][/DOUBLEPOST]Eagle's Nest
With some inspiration from Green Goblins car stand I decided to make my own, I will be using it so that I can abrasive blast and paint (won't be for a while) and to do my suspension and clean under the car. It might not always be useful or a "waste of time" according to some people but it was more than just building it for the car, I got to put my welding skills to use and I guess engineering skills too.
20140909_144704.jpg
20140923_132846.jpg
20140924_144147.jpg
20141001_130837.jpg
20141017_170531.jpg
Just a 6010 root pass taken before it was cleaned of slag and residue
20140930_132559.jpg

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back