The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

Resolved 1G ECU ground/ECU boots intermittent

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian Drake

Probationary Member
Nov 27, 2016
Neenah, Wisconsin
Just want to make sure I'm looking at the right thing. The ecu ground is on the passenger side of the center console right below where the mpi relay mounts correct

my ecu dropped out. cel light stayed on and boost gauge did not center. was recently socketed and refurbed by ecmtuning so i was thinking i might have a grounding issue causing it not to power up.

I checked them with a multimeter and traced them about a ft up the harness. The Ground under the passenger dash speaker at the center were good but I had intermittent continuity one of the ecu grounds. I tapped into the grounds and ran new ones to the center.

f*** no. Worked for about a week then started to boot intermittent again. Pulled pins 102 107 103 101 106 and expanded the tabs for solid connection. Has good ground on dvom. Pulls mpi relay closed have power at 102 107 103 and switched power at 110. Ecu looks immaculate. New caps from ecm tuning and socket from po and don't see any signs of damage or corrosion. Cleaned it with deoxit g5 then crc qd for good measure. Boost gauge went to zero and cel went off after 5 seconds 5 or 6 times after plugging it back in then nothing.

Images of the ecu

Attachments

• IMG_20200421_192548.jpg
    IMG_20200421_192548.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 86
  • IMG_20200421_192533.jpg
    IMG_20200421_192533.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 84
Boost gauge dropped dead. Engine stopped when car was running like it would if you turned the key off but ecu still had power across the board. I checked voltages at the inside of the ecu from the backside of the connector. Voltages matched battery 12.6v and held constant.

Managed to find a 91 non eeprom turbo ecu at my local pick and pull that was in great shape. Plugged it in turned the key booted right up. Problem is Def with my ecu. Guess it's going back to ecmtuning

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back