The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

1g CAS on 2g while still using the 2g CPS

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TurboFritz

10+ Year Contributor
Jan 24, 2010
Kewaskum, Wisconsin
Ok so I will be starting my car soon and I was planning on running a 1g CAS on my 2g, all 7 bolt components. But I decided to keep the Crank Position Sensor in place and just run that stock. So the ? is, is it possible to just go to a 1g CAS? and then how do I wire that seeing as how i know when you eliminate the CPS you get the power from it for the 1g CAS, can I just take the power off the stock 2g CAS plug with the signal wire and run it to the 1g CAS??? Thanks for any help.

Easier to just cut off both pig tails and wire it to a 1g cas connector.

If you have link, just tell link to invert the cas firing order

4-1-2-3 is now 2-3-4-1

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I understand that i just want to run the CAS only, just leave my CPS alone. I would imagine that i could just take the Red and Black from the 2g CAS connector instead of the CPS and power the 1g CAS.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back