The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

1g APEXI AFC (old style) 4 wire harness install

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rtincher22085

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 17, 2010
Rockland, Maine
Excuse me for asking. Maybe a thread or two on here but i have search on here for like and hour and no luck. but I would like some insight on this, or some help on the install of this old style afc. I am building a Budget DD I just purchased an old style Apexi AFC from Japan i have looked all over the net for how to or wiring diagrams to depict the orientation or the identity of the 4 wires on this unit. white, yellow,red,and black
any insight on what wires go where would be appreciated :confused:

I'm assuming your talking about a really old five knob AFC but even it has five wires not four.

http://www.fd3s.net/afc_manual_gen1.pdf

Red - Switched Power
Black - Ground
Green - RPM
Yellow - Air Flow output
White - Air Flow input

Last edited:
Steve, it isn't its a single knob style got it from japan just installed it today it only has 4 wire white, yellow, black and red. from looking at the schematics that you linked i determined how to install. thanks and for future or people who have this type heres how to hook up in you 1g
white: goes to the MAF sensor wire ( pin 10 its green/ blue stripe cut in half one side sensor side
yellow : goes to the ecu harness
black: goes to ground
red: goes to switched power ( i found the radio to have a reliable source its the only blur wire )
next on the back there is a dial with numbers and letters turn it turn it to 5 and switch to F not v
i'm assuming the switch is for""V"= volts or "F"= frequency hope this help adjust the front dial to 0 and adjust accordingly

I'm assuming your talking about a really old five knob AFC but even it has five wires not four.

http://www.fd3s.net/afc_manual_gen1.pdf

Red - Switched Power
Black - Ground
Green - RPM
Yellow - Air Flow output
White - Air Flow input
Steve, will any ground do or does the AFC have to go to the maf sensor ground to adjust it accordingly?

I expect the SAFC should be attached to the ECU ground and not the sensor ground.
Thanks I have it to the chassis ground, should I have my ECU in its compartment or on the floor for testing purposes? The reason I ask is the board is screwed to the case which in turn is a ground to the chassis true? What would happen if the ECU was on the floor without the ecu screwed in its compartment? sorry for the questions I am having a weird cut out. Here is my thread http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/newbie-forum/383044-fuel-cut.html Your professional input would be greatly appreciated.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back