The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

420A 1998 eclipse rs no fuel

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

damonmlime

Probationary Member
Jul 26, 2006
morgantown, West_Virginia
Hi, my girlfriend has a 98 eclipse rs automatic. She parked it for about a week. When she tried to start it after that, it fired up for about 20 seconds then died. The first thing I did was check for spark. Plenty of spark but no fuel. I replaced the fuel pump but I'm still not getting any fuel. The only way it will run is if you spray a little starting fluid into the throttle body. Has anyone else had this problem? Thanks, Damon

So, you checked for fuel pressure and their was no fuel.. you tried the fuel filter, and the lines to see any leaks or bends? Fuel pump turning on?

I'm not getting any fuel. The fuel pump wont even prime. I'm gonna take a look at the mfi fuse again but I'm pretty sure that it's not blown. I've already changed out the fuel pump so I'm sure thats not the problem.

damonmlime said:
I'm not getting any fuel. The fuel pump wont even prime. I'm gonna take a look at the mfi fuse again but I'm pretty sure that it's not blown. I've already changed out the fuel pump so I'm sure thats not the problem.

Might want to consider double checking the connections for the pump, and if the pump itself is receiving power/signal.

Did you change out the fuel filter on the bottom of the fuel pump when you changed it out? If you didn't it can result in premature fuel pump failure.

I went exactly by the instructions on the fuel pump. I think maybe it could be the crank angle sensor. Has anyone had experience with this on a dsm? Can someone point me in the direction as to where the sensor is and how I can tell if it's bad or not? Thanks, Damon

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back