The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

420A 1998 eclipse rs how to sell

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bboyroxas

10+ Year Contributor
Sep 5, 2012
gallardo, Tennessee
Okay so my clutch broke on my eclipse it's been so cold here in Nashville and I don't want to replace it I was quoted the cheapest at 1100 and my car has 190,000 miles on it so I want to sell. How should I sell it what is the best way to in order to get the most money guys any ideas?

Attachments

• image-3032084625.jpg
    image-3032084625.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 89
  • image-1932577175.jpg
    image-1932577175.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 86
Post it here in the classifieds, ebay, and your local craigslist. Make sure to include pictures of the Interior, exterior, engine bay, and be sure to list any damage the car might have.

Being honest will net you better results instead of trying to slip something by. Make up your mind on a price you are comfortable with, and ask a few hundred above to give yourself some wiggling room when potential buyers try to negotiate your price down.

Well what kinda price should I ask the interior is stock nothing fancy

you can try looking up the value on NADA or kbb or try to find other 420a's in your area to see what they are asking for theirs and take off some $$$ for the cost of a new clutch, a quick google search I found oem clutches going from 170-to 300ish, remember that doing a clutch yourself saves some $$$ so...

you could also find some cheap tires/rims and sell the ones currently on your car separately since they look pretty decent from the pic

hope that helps:thumb:

Like I said just come up with a price you are comfortable letting it go for.

If the interior has been well maintained you will get a bit more, but most people would not want to invest a whole lot into something they have to repair.

I would say between 500 and 800 in its current condition maybe 1500 with a good clutch.

My first dsm was a 98 RS, I asked 1500 and eventually settled for 1100 and it had 230k on it but was well maintained.

Last edited:
Let's throw the question backwards: Would YOU buy a 98 DSM with a 420A that has a busted clutch, and if so, how much would you pay for it?

And, any other condition - good or bad - doesn't count since the vehicle is presently undriveable.

The answer would be the price you should expect.

Oh my; I wish it were 40+ degrees here in Minnesota. LOL I would be doing quite a bit on my vehicles. Too cold, LOL.

I would fix the clutch before trying to sell it. Maybe you can put it up for $2,000 after all is said and done. If you sell it without fixing it, you'll be lucky to get $1,000 at maximum if you are able to sell it.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back