The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

1997 eclipse stock amplifier setup...

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zipfast1997

Proven Member
Mar 20, 2015
worcester, Massachusetts
Heres a good tech question for anyone that may know(i hope) the 97 gst my wife and i have came with the infinity gold stereo and amplifier setup model mr158402...i didnt have the original stereo head when i bought the car so the amp hasnt been used in a long time...i inspected and tested the circut board and resistors and such with an oms meter and everything is fine so its usable...however...my wife(who drives the car more than i do) likes the raido the way it is...so i removed the amp and plug harness out of the car and want to use it in my 90 laser...i have the wiring diagram for the plug harness itself but have been looking for the pinout to the din cable(6pin) and cant seem to find it...id rather know what is what instead of testing and trying and risking blowing the amp and rendering it usless...does anyone have by chance a pinout for the din cable?? Please let me know if you do or know what web site i may be able to go to...thanks for anyones help with this...

Ok...solved this question...if anyone would like to view the information i have on this go to youtube.com/shoguy164 for the wiring setup on this particular amp wiring setup...i do give a detailed video and explanation on the 6 pin din wiring setup...

Ok...solved this question...if anyone would like to view the information i have on this go to youtube.com/shoguy164 for the wiring setup on this particular amp wiring setup...i do give a detailed video and explanation on the 6 pin din wiring setup...

Hi zipfast1997.
I still have the stock Infinity system in my car. Wiring don't look they were ever touched. My front tweeters and door speekers work ok, but my rear speekers don't, never ever.
Until now, i checked for continuity all the speekers cables, positive and ground from radiohead to amp and from amp to speekers. Everything ok. Impedance between speekers terminals are between 2.3 and 2.5 ohms (I guess that's right) and already tested them connecting to the door plugs, they worked. There's not much left to be the problem besides the amp itself and DIN cable wiring.
To test the DIN 6 prong cable, which color wire goes to which prong? I couldn't be sure watching your video in youtube.

Green wire is left channel rear and white is right channel rear...the speakers a all grounded to an earth on the amp itself...its a black wire...but if you have the other speakers working then theres no problem at the ground..

Let me know if you need the other pins to the din cable too...be glad to help...

Green wire is left channel rear and white is right channel rear...the speakers a all grounded to an earth on the amp itself...its a black wire...but if you have the other speakers working then theres no problem at the ground..

https://photos.app.goo.gl/rhayZyYsvZGQR1bu2
Actually I was asking this, the position of the wires in the plug. But I took a closer look to your video yesterday and I think I figure it out. Only the green and yellow must be switched in the drawing. Anyways, i did voltage readings on the din plug that goes into the amp, under the seat, and the only combination I got 12v (with head unit on) was when the wires were connected to the orange terminal / black terminal and when connected to the orange terminal / outside ring. Everything else, no voltage. Does it suppouse to be this way?

No its not...i would have to say theres an issue with the head unit...the orange wire is power...black is speaker ground for all speakers and the ring is the amplifier ground...you shouldve fried the head unit(unless you used an ohm meter to connect then it would be right and the head unit is ok and yes that would be right...) Or blown the raido fuse...

I'm stuck on this! There's a way to test the amp itself on a bench, connecting it to a radio, 12v power, ground and a generic speeker; but what to do with this DIN connection... will see. I tryed contact with Infinity people to see if they would troubleshoot this, but their answers are not helpful. Did you zipfast1997 ever open up the amp? I unscrewed all the bolts but the electronic board don't come off just pulling with my bare hands. Is there a trick or something? They told me there's a fuse inside the amp, would like to check it. The 15a fuse under the dash dedicated to the AMP is fine.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back