The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

1997 Eclipse GS-T Spyder

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Well, so far I have the head off because I need to do a head gasket and just wanted to replace the timing belt for piece of mind. Already had the head checked out at a machine shop and pressure tested and came back fine. Now considering since I have the engine tore down this far if I should just do a balance shaft delete and build my head up.

just a little update, since i have the head and intake off i went ahead and bought a set of prothane motor mount bushings. already changed the front and rear bushings. was waiting on a new transmission plate/adapter for the passenger mount because i was an idiot and snapped two of the studs for the plate thinking they just threaded out the same as the other studs.(was unaware they were hard mounted to the plate). while i'm on the topic, does the orientation of the other prothane mounts matter where the "flat" spots are when being put into the mount? i assume it is "flat side" down to help with the weight of the engine, or are they to be orientated to make clearance of some sort? If you have any input i would greatly appreciate it. Thanks! More to come later.!

its been a while since i was on here. BUT GOOD NEWS PEEPS.! THE SPYDER LIVES.! I finished putting the car together and she finally runs! Theres a slight power steering leak somewhere along the passenger side that has developed since last run. BUT NO ISSUES! *knocks on wood*. I've run about 300mi already since putting it together and so far so good. now she actually boosts AND accelerates since doing the head gasket. possible pics and video to come.!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back