The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

Sold 1996 GSX Eclipse - Reno, NV [sold]

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mindcue

Probationary Member
May 20, 2020
Reno, Nevada
Very sadly parting with my 1996 GSX Eclipse. 119,600 miles. Has been a Nevada car for most of its life, though it started in California (1.5 years). Since I got it in 2000, it’s been garaged when not in use. Don’t have time to put into it any more, and while it’s great fun driving around on mountain roads and zipping around town, it’s not ideal to make the longer trips that are in store for me these days.

The not so great:

Most of the body paint is in good shape for its age, with the exception of the side rear view mirror domes where the clear coat is largely shot.

The power radio antenna stopped working at some point, and I put a fixed one on, but someone broke it off. I have a motorized 3rd party replacement that I just never found time to install.

The remote power locks don’t work anymore. I think there was a recall on this for this at one point, but it’s long since expired. I just use the key.

When under some amount of load, if you step on the gas, it will bog down a bit (slip?). I don’t know what’s causing this, and don’t have time nor $ to invest at this point. It could be something simple, or not. I’m not knowledgable enough to know, but if you understand these cars, you’ll probably figure it out quickly. It doesn’t affect most normal driving and I simply got used to how much gas to give it at any one time.

The mods as I remember them (I don’t remember brands, etc—all were done around 15-20 years ago), and I might be forgetting a thing or two:
  • Short Shifter
  • Upgraded exhaust
  • Air Intake/Filter
  • Intercooler
  • Heads-up display boost gauge and Turbo timer
  • Replacement BOV

Great sounding custom stereo system that I truly miss. Two amplifiers (one is A/D/S and smaller one for rear-fill--name brand, but I forget which), custom build sub box which takes very little space, custom front speaker mounts for best sound and location. Panasonic head, and Rio Car/Empeg MP3 player (basically a computer with excellent sound output—I think it’s 120GB of storage, and requires special Windows software to load up. Read more here:https://empegbbs.com/ ). I was going to try and put this whole system in my newer car, but they don’t make the newer cars easy to change out just a stereo since everything is linked together. That and if you mess with the power needs on a newer car, it can cause trouble.

New $150 battery.
Newish (still holding well) hatchback lifts.
Newish O2 sensors.
Newish M/S tires with tons of tread.

Passes Nevada Smog tests.

I have all, or nearly all stock/original parts that were replaced, and these ARE INCLUDED:
  • Mitsubishi Swirly rims
  • Air Intake/filter
  • intercooler
  • Exhaust/muffler
  • Stereo. w/ rear-mount changer, speakers, etc
  • BOV

Not in a huge hurry to sell, but I’m sure my neighbor wouldn’t mind the car out of her garage

Let me know if you have any questions. I'll answer to the best of my ability.
-Tim
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back