The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

1993 Eclipse 4g37 Project

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AEM2013

Probationary Member
Dec 21, 2013
Soap Lake, Washington
I own two Mitsubishi Eclipse cars both being a 4g37. One is a 1992 with a manual transmission
View attachment 164995
View attachment 164996
and the other being a 1993 automatic.
View attachment 164998:hellyeah:

The 1992 was my fist car and I still have it. I received the 93 last summer from my step dad as a graduation gift from him. I'm 19 and ever since I got the 92 I've loved these cars. The White one next to my 92 in the second pic is my parents car. They had bought it for my step brother before he left. It's a 91 4g67. When the got it it had a bad head so now the block sits in the garage. I want to get a 4g67 but for now the 4g37 is my baby.

My plans for the 1.8 are to turbo it. The 93 will be my dd for while till I get some money for my project. For now tough the 93 has a bad auto trany so I'm swapping it out with the 92 manual trany. The reason for this is because the 93 is a GS and the 92 is the base. Since I have moved forward with my trany plans I will be using the 92 engine for my turbo project. I have done calculations and mapping for the turbo that I want to use and my conclusion has come to the Garret GT2860R. I Know that the trim on this turbo is really big but my thought is with a lower A/R being at 0.42 and the trim being 55 it should put me right in the performance range of the turbo. IMG_0468[1].jpg

Now being that it's such a big trim it will probably take a longer to spool up but to help compensate for that I'm going to put the turbo as close as I can to the exhaust out put from the engine.:hmm::confused:

If anyone has any ideas please feel free to post your ideas!!!

Last edited:
Looks like a decent choice. How much boost are you planning to run with it?

Looks like a decent choice. How much boost are you planning to run with it?

No more than 20 probably.

Over the past 3 weeks I have been trying to get situated with doing my trany swap. On Week one it took me two days to pull my manual transmission out. After I dropped it i went to work on pulling out the clutch hydraulic pump and lines out. Then came the pedal assembly and the clutch lines. OMG I should have known better about the clutch lines. All I had to do was just take the clips off! :ohdamn: Then the pedal assembly took me another three hours just to get out. Today I was able to get the automatic trany out and start putting on the clutch assembly. Now I have to get a clutch alignment tool tomorrow to continue my conversion.

Finished the car today. Yesterday I ran into an issue with my starting. It took me a while to start it and once I did it had a hard time running for a few minutes. After the car was warn it would run great and start right away. Today I took the temp sensor off of my 92 and put on my 93 and it cleared my check engine light. Now I want to move onto turboing my 92 engine. It will be a while before can get anything done but for now my current setup be for dding.

Instead of using the steel line again go and have a 4'6" of hydro line for the clutch system. It's about $40 and much easier than messing around the steel line. :sneaky:

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back