The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Rix Racing

1993 Eagle Talon TSi

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TSi-wesley

Probationary Member
Aug 16, 2019
Magnolia, Texas
Hey guys, was about to buy a 335i before asking my dad if I could restore his Eagle Talon that has basically been rotting in his driveway. I have been itching to find myself a project car to play with. The car has a JDM built engine (that's literally all I know about the engine - will update when I have more info on it), I believe it also has coilovers (don't know brand of those either haha). It needs a lot of work, but it is mainly cosmetic. My current goal is to get it to 500hp to the wheels reliably. So basically these were the mods I was planning on adding:
- bigger turbo
- headers
- upgraded clutch (maybe dual?)
- some kind of tuner (y'all have any recommendations?)
- meth kit
- bigger injectors

If y'all if any other recommendations for the build, let me know. I haven't even thought of what I want to do with exterior yet.

There is still some sort of issue with it not starting. It has no spark, and I don't think the injectors are pulsing either, so I figure it's an electrical issue. Before it stopped running, it was having an issue with stuttering under hard acceleration. I had upgraded the fuel pump wiring, fuel pump, and housing to see if that would fix it. However, after sitting for so long the brakes were locked up and would start smoking from just a 25 mph cruise around my neighborhood LOL. That was after replacing pads and rotors, so I am thinking the calipers need a rebuild.

Welcome, is this the Magnolia outside of Houston? If so, I'm probably 20 minutes from you. Your best bet is to focus on restoring then deciding how much you want to spend on power. I can assure it needs a lot of work if it has been rotting away. I would spend my money on new, quality parts. For example, FP Red, FIC hi-z 1650 injectors, fp exhaust manifold, full 3" exhaust, walbro 450 fuel pump, ecmlink ecu, South Bend TZ/B clutch and e85, not meth injection. That should get you thinking for a while.

The car has a JDM built engine (that's literally all I know about the engine - will update when I have more info on it)
Has the engine been swapped? If not then that narrows it down a ton. LOL

Also you can make a DSM profile with pictures so we can all see what you're working with.:thumb:

Welcome, is this the Magnolia outside of Houston? If so, I'm probably 20 minutes from you. Your best bet is to focus on restoring then deciding how much you want to spend on power. I can assure it needs a lot of work if it has been rotting away. I would spend my money on new, quality parts. For example, FP Red, FIC hi-z 1650 injectors, fp exhaust manifold, full 3" exhaust, walbro 450 fuel pump, ecmlink ecu, South Bend TZ/B clutch and e85, not meth injection. That should get you thinking for a while.

Yep that's the Magnolia haha. I am currently in Phoenix on an internship, but that is where I live. I need to get it running reliably first. It has a decent amount of cosmetic issues, I'll try to get some pictures of it when I fly back to Houston next weekend.
Has the engine been swapped? If not then that narrows it down a ton. LOL

Also you can make a DSM profile with pictures so we can all see what you're working with.:thumb:

Yeah, the engine was swapped with one straight from japan? That's what my dad told me anyways. It is a built motor. I'll take pictures next weekend for sure!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back