The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

1990 Eclipse GS Turbo is Home.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JRSTANGE

10+ Year Contributor
Apr 11, 2010
Ballwin, Missouri
I now have in my possesion a 1990 Eclipse GS Turbo.

Of course I am debating on keeping it or selling it. Right now the money would be nice to put into savings and as well to pick up a few things for our other three cars.

But, the car is in great shape all things considering. It has a dent on the roof next to the sunroof on the passenger side some clear coat fade. But, over all is in fantastic condition.

The only modifications is the stock air box has been cut which I plan to find a stock air box for it. Then it has an exhaust shop cat back with a resinator on it. It also has brand new KYB GR2 struts and Lowering springs. Of course the prior owner swapped out the spoiler for a black talon spoiler and as well switched the hood and head light covers to black also which I plan on putting my Red hood and light covers on it. One fender is also black but, I have the origional red fender also I plan on putting back on it. But, most of the little things like the spark plug cover I found in the trunk etc... So really I am looking for a stock air box and radio would be nice.

To get it running it needs some normal items such as oil change and tune up and three vaccume leaks fixed. And the ECM for a 1990 I have sitting in my garage. Obviously I will drain and clean the tank and blow out the fuel lines and get a new fuel filter on it as well.

They thought it skipped timing and towed it to their garage and it's sat for the last 10/11 years collecting dust. Well, I have heard that story before about thinking it skipped timing and in all cases I have delt with it hasnt ever been that. Basically the owner cut the air box and forgot to put the breather hose and evap hose back to the intake. So he drove it in the neighborhood and stopped at a light and it stumbled and died and wouldnt re start.

I am debating to keep it or sell it. We could really use the money. But, it will be a while as I am waiting on the title as they are applying for a lost title and I have a locksmith coming wednesday to check out the car to be able to make me keys for it.

But I am sure someone would love to have an un modified DSM with only 51,091 miles on it.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited:
Hello and welcome !

Yes, it is a tough call when you got a motor that's just barely broke in with those kind of miles on it.

1-One could almost return the vehicle to full stock and do an excellent job of restoration for avid collectors, or

2-Sell it and try to get the fundage out of it where it can be of more realistic use as needed.

Curious to where I have to ask a question: on the Vehicle Id sticker mounted on the door pillar on the driver's side: What month and Year was the vehicle built being a 1990 - since they started production of the 1990 model year in the fall of 1988?

My Laser was built in June of 1989. Thx - DSM

Hello and welcome !

Yes, it is a tough call when you got a motor that's just barely broke in with those kind of miles on it.

1-One could almost return the vehicle to full stock and do an excellent job of restoration for avid collectors, or

2-Sell it and try to get the fundage out of it where it can be of more realistic use as needed.

Curious to where I have to ask a question: on the Vehicle Id sticker mounted on the door pillar on the driver's side: What month and Year was the vehicle built being a 1990 - since they started production of the 1990 model year in the fall of 1988?

My Laser was built in June of 1989. Thx - DSM

I beleive it said june 90. My GSX is feb 90.

Strange seems my pictures are not showing for some reason. They were yesterday.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back