The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

100 dollar 2gb Talon

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NeMiZiS

Supporting VIP
Jul 25, 2007
Palmer, Alaska
Just wanted to share my new Talon.
I got it on friday for a 100 dollars!
The motor is pretty much toast, it has a terrible rod knock.
But I was able to limp it home, no tow fee!
It is a base ESI 5 speed 117000 miles on it.
I know most of y'all don't like 420A's but it is still a DSM!
I just couldn't pass it up, the damn front bumper is worth more than 100!
The interior is really clean all in all it is in good shape.
Except the roof is dented up pretty good and it needs a door and a fender.
Check out the stock "talon" hub caps! I've never even seen those before.
I'm supposed to trade the black STS in the back round for a 95 tsi AWD on Wednesday.But that is another thread. :D
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited by a moderator:
New engine
New door
new fender
some paint
and a 2gb talon wing

And you will have a nice 420a

Please get rid of crappy wing on the back.

Nice steal you got there. I like how Caddies ride and look, but the one that's still sitting in my driveway left a bad taste in my mouth... an Eldorado that made it 300 miles until a head gasket (or 2, didn't even check yet) blew. After the fact I learned that only cars from 97 had that problem. :banghead:

Those engines are a royal pain to work on, or so I've heard, so it's turned into a joint project between my dad and neighbor, who is a mechanic. When you've got an AWD DSM... who cares?!

Instead of going through all the trouble of fixing an ESI I would just part that out and make at least $900 off that.

take the bumpers off and throw them up in the classifieds. You just quadrupled your money :p

I have a 97 back talon bumper, it just sits in the basement incase god forbid it gets clipped. But that is the one advantage to it being a garage queen.

Instead of going through all the trouble of fixing an ESI I would just part that out and make at least $900 off that.

this.

It is just going to be a daily driver.
420A's are way more reliable than 4g63's from what I've experienced.

depends on the 4g63.

mines mostly stock (14b w/stock boost, and intake/exhaust) and I DD it almost 80mi daily, she has almost 130k on the clock, 25k of that done just in the past year (20k of which in just the past 6mo). I just do maintenance and keep her running nicely. Her suspension is wearing out due to shittiness of our roads and freeway mileage, but she pulls strong. Id go crazy if i was to DD anything slower (came from DD'ing a 03 Cobra with ~450whp).

I would've paid more then that for the front bumper alone.

420A's are way more reliable than 4g63's from what I've experienced.

Because they haven't been beat on as hard. If you just do the maint when you first get the car and bring it back to good running condition all at once you have a very reliable car.

You also get what you pay for... 420a is great for a daily.... but so is a N/A 4g63 and I know which one I would rather have.

All in All nice find. 2g talons are sexy as hell no matter what they have under the hood.

What does the radiator support look like. If its rotted out, swap it out from a junkyard part or go to rockauto.com They got them for under 200

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back