The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

10 sec. goal, steps to that?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was somewhat of a sarcastic tone to my post...

Originally posted by Ludachris

That's somewhat misleading... you're telling this guy that because Buschur Racing was able to run a mid 10 with their shop car that he can expect to run a high ten if he takes out his interior? I don't know about you, but I doubt I'll ever be able to run what the pro shops run with their cars - at least not without the sponsorship and help of those pro shops. You gotta post real world numbers - meaning the guy next door with the unsponsored car who isn't a mechanic - tell me what he runs. If several "normal enthusiasts" have run those numbers, I'd feel confident that others could do it too. Most everyone in here probably couldn't even run 10's even driving Buschur's shop car.

Not saying it isn't possible, or that you shouldn't try it, but it's not that easy to do.

Originally posted by Enigma_Man
"Oh, if you step on it then you can get to 10's, like in the movie"

-Jesse

LOL I love those people, they are the greatest! If anyone of them ever actually knew "Performance" from "intake/exhaust" then they would have known that the Charger and the Supra in that movie only run 12's in real life.

Originally posted by LAZPNO

LOL I love those people, they are the greatest! If anyone of them ever actually knew "Performance" from "intake/exhaust" then they would have known that the Charger and the Supra in that movie only run 12's in real life.

really?!? Wow that sucks.

By the way, update. I'm already hitting mid 13's. Full turbo-back 3" exhaust, intake, boost controller and free mods!!! That wasn't so hard now was it

This thread is funny.

It will take you lots of money and probably 5 years of breaking sh|t and/or not running 10s, possibly not running at all.

Originally posted by laserspeeddemon
I make goals if I fall short, then so be it.

I think this sums up this entire topic.

Don't ask questions if you have no intention of following through.

The idea behind goals is that you set them to accomplish them.

:|

You guys are missing something...

Just because a car ran a certain number on a certain day, does NOT mean its about to be duplicated time and time again.

When your 1g AWD runs 12's, it could be fairly consistent. The faster you go, the more problems you have.

99% of the members on this board, could not build a 10-second AWD given ANY amount of money. It's simply not that easy. I've watched a low 10-second awd, do 11-12second timeslips, two Fridays in a row. Now how would you like it, if you just spent $20grand, and didn't get any faster than low 12's?

It won't be street driven, it will be a gutted race car. You will no longer like the car, because it used to be your "sports" car you could flaunt around, and use it to attract attention. Now it just sits on jackstands more than it runs, and has cost you more time and energy than you care to tell ANYONE about.

A 10-second capable (AWD form) will cost you right around $13,000. That's just parts. Only big things too. Little things get in the way, and you change your mind about 4x during the buildup (trust me I know) and you sell your new parts at a loss, and have to buy more expensive parts that makes your stomach sick.

Originally posted by 94TSiAWD

I think this sums up this entire topic.

Don't ask questions if you have no intention of following through.

The idea behind goals is that you set them to accomplish them.

:|

ok moron lets read the rest of the quote

I make goals if I fall short, then so be it. At least, I get the satisfaction that I tried my hardest and I did it all on my own or with assistance from friends

you can always add lots and lots of NO2 and get 10 seconds once and then scrap ur car... atleast u can say i owned a ten second car ^^;

As for the rest of you guys! What the hell happened to your ambition?!? Didn't you ever try to get something so hard and get it? do you know
what that feels like? Or even if you fail, don't you get satisfaction from knowing you put in the effort. I'm not gonna end up like the rest of you guys. I'm not gonna "just settle" for 12 or 11 sec timeslips. Either I get there or the car gets destroyed beyond recognition......no, I'm not gonna stop, and you guys aren't gonna discourage me. I'm not gonna argue with you guys anymore, either. A friend once said "Arguing on the internet is like being in the Special Olympics, even if you win, you're still retarded!" This is my last post on this thread and possibly this board. I have other DSM boards I use. We use the "were in it together" motto. You guys get envious when someone sets goals that exceed what you have, so you try to shoot them down. I have too much will power and enough determination to get me where I want. Thats how my life is lived. Only one person has stopped me from going places and doing things. AND THATS ME!!!! And ME don't feel like stopping.

Those that are with me "Great! I appreciate the support ALOT!"

Those that are not...."BLOMGW ME!!!"

p.s. Throw away your copy of the F&F .

We sould all have a bon fire with the F&F movies...LOL...

DUDE CALM DOWN...we are not telling you to not shoot for 10s but just to do it in a timly manor...Its really really hard to get a DSM into the 10s...I have spend the last year with out a car trying to build the fastest DSM I can and with over 15K into my motor(befor it got stolen), I dont think I would be in the 10s. I may be in the low 11s and for a DSM that is a great time...Dont get me wrong i want the damn fastest DSM in the world but i(and most on this board) Do not have Million dollor contracts on are car so we can do anything we want to it for free...So just slow your roll and dont get mad at the PPL that have been doing this stuff alot longer and know alil bit more about the ropes...Im not saying i know it all but i listine to all the PPL on this board cause i have only had a DSM for about 1 1/2 years and i have been learning ever since...

Buy the way how old are you???

it can be done.....you just have to be ready to be replacing differentials,axles,and transmissions or better yet have them upgraded to what the fast guys are running

I don't think it takes that much for a DSM to make the power to run 10 second 1/4 mile times

Have a light enough car, and 500 hp and good traction can get you a 10 second et.......I would say get a Red turbo and the supporting mods and you can hit 10s.....it would definitely need race gas,a good tune,and probably some stickier than stock tires (even with AWD)

what i would suggest is run as fast as you can with the 14b before you throw a lot of parts on it.......Maximize the stock setup first...they are a few cars i have seen run mid 12s on the stock 14b with 1G awds...just take it one step at a time

Building a car is the biggest nightmare.
I know a lot of dreamers. "My car should run 11's."
But we never see the time slip.
Some who's running 12's only and said I'm going to run 10's. When he/ she never ran an 11 yet.

I believe in what most of the guys say.
Run 12's then start talk about 11's.

There nothing wrong with goals. Just that some people look at it in a more realistic way of getting there.

For my own car if it's running right by next year I'll be happy (stand alone take time to tune.).
If can hit mid 12's without destroying the tranny. That would be a major accomplishment.
Then I will talk of 11's.

Before the steps above it's all talk unit I get there.
That's the bottom line.

A lot of people on this would lke to help.

Alright, running 10's is #@%#@%#@%#@%ing hard. You don't just decide one day "hmm, maybe I will go out and build a 10 second street car". It just doesn't work like that, it takes a lot of skill and tuning to get a car to run mid 11's, forget about what it takes to get a car into the 10's. Buying the parts and installing them is the easy part, getting all of them to work together is the hard part. My car traps mid 120's right now without nitrous. It does 11's, high however. Yet we are still tuning the car and working out bugs. As for the tranny/drivetrain, fortunately my tranny and everything else is still a virgin. It also takes a lot of time driving a car to have it run good times. My MPH is insane for my ET. Who else does 122MPH+ traps and only runs 11.9's? It takes a lot of time to get use to, and tire pressure/suspension and clutch adjustments are important to. The faster you go, the harder it is to stay consistent to. So take it from someone who is in the midst of doing it, take your time and don't be disappointed if it doesn't work out initially.

laserspeeddemon, don't get all defensive. Nobody here is saying you're not going to achieve your goals. They're just trying to let you know how difficult it is to actually run 10's, and what you should expect. Do you know how many people come in here wanting to run 10's? Many think it's as easy as buying a big turbo... people here try and explain the reality.

Nobody here has reason to envy goals that are set higher than what they're currently running. Why would they be? I guarantee you that if you ran a 10 tomorrow, everyone here would be happy for you. Though you may not like it, you've been given the negatives as well as the positives. If you've got the money and the time, best of luck to you. Let us know how it goes.

Originally posted by mclaren55
Alright, running 10's is #@%#@%#@%#@%ing hard. You don't just decide one day "hmm, maybe I will go out and build a 10 second street car". It just doesn't work like that, it takes a lot of skill and tuning to get a car to run mid 11's, forget about what it takes to get a car into the 10's. Buying the parts and installing them is the easy part, getting all of them to work together is the hard part. My car traps mid 120's right now without nitrous. It does 11's, high however. Yet we are still tuning the car and working out bugs. As for the tranny/drivetrain, fortunately my tranny and everything else is still a virgin. It also takes a lot of time driving a car to have it run good times. My MPH is insane for my ET. Who else does 122MPH+ traps and only runs 11.9's? It takes a lot of time to get use to, and tire pressure/suspension and clutch adjustments are important to. The faster you go, the harder it is to stay consistent to. So take it from someone who is in the midst of doing it, take your time and don't be disappointed if it doesn't work out initially.

AMEN :D

LOL...mid 120s and only high 11s? do you have a FWD?

ok moron lets read the rest of the quote

Look, I'm not going to get into a flame war on a board I rarely visit with some kid that has "Free mods and a K&N" with plans for a "10 second car".

All I'm saying is that in my opinion, I feel let down if I don't reach my goals. Especially if I do the work myself or with help from friends. Set more realistic goal, accomplish them, and THEN see how good you feel.

I wanted 12's on my 14b.... I got 13.001

I wanted 11's on my 20g.... I got 12.085

On my new set-up ( Check Sig ) I havent set any real goals, that way I'm not let down. I'm just putting it together and I'll see what happens. When I get initial results, then I set some goals and see if I can attain them.

Chill out.

No I have an AWD, I just shift extremely easy. This is why I think I have yet to break a driveline part. I usually launch to 1.7-1.8 60's. I just always say to myself "why rape your car when you can MPH your competitor".

No I have an AWD, I just shift extremely easy. This is why I think I have yet to break a driveline part. I usually launch to 1.7-1.8 60's. I just always say to myself "why rape your car when you can MPH your competitor".

MPH does not win races. If your competitor has equal or a little less horsepower and he cuts a better light you will lose. So eventually you are going to have to bang some gears to win and to get a better ET.

Maybe at the track, but not on the street.

Usually a higher MPH'ing car wins via street races.

You tell me, is a broken tranny and who knows what else, really worth those extra .2 tenths?

Also, "cutting lights" has nothing to do with ET/MPH unless you are bracket racing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back