The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

02 sensor install

Please Support ExtremePSI

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

my95tsi

20+ Year Contributor
Dec 6, 2002
Chicago, Illinois
Ok never replaced my o2 sensor but i know its not working right due to crazy reading on my o2 gauge. Anyways what brand is the best to get and how easy are they to install?

I've heard to only use oem sensors and all you do is unscrew it and unplug the harness.

I would suggest that you go down to mitsu and pick up a stock OEM o2. Its better to be safe then sorry.

As far as install if your not working with the o2 housing off the car I believe they sell a special tool to take off the o2 sensor. Its not hard and I don’t think its to expensive.

Good luck!

Originally posted by my95tsi
Ok never replaced my o2 sensor but i know its not working right due to crazy reading on my o2 gauge. Anyways what brand is the best to get and how easy are they to install?

what do you mean by "crazy reading"? does it just sit still or does it oscillate?

not real surprising, all of us run rich from the factory (safer that way). I can hit 1.02 with mine leaned out 10%.

does it react normally the rest of the time? as in oscillate at idle and low throttle, then go .90+ when wot?

if so, then it sounds like it is fine.

just sounds like you are rich then. usually if one dies, it will start moving very slowly and then just show full lean ( no voltage produced ) and never move.

I think yours is ok, no need to go out and blow $80 on a new one.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back