The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Wrapping interior pieces

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yea they make 2 kinds. One is just all purpose. Like $3 something a can. N they have krylan fusion. Little more costly. But its made for vynal plasic n fabric. I just used the regular stuff. Think i spent maybe $30 to do my whole dash n console. I still have to finish my door n back hatch area. So probly $50 total to do the whole car. Not bad for complete diy custom intertior

Yea they make 2 kinds. One is just all purpose. Like $3 something a can. N they have krylan fusion. Little more costly. But its made for vynal plasic n fabric. I just used the regular stuff. Think i spent maybe $30 to do my whole dash n console. I still have to finish my door n back hatch area. So probly $50 total to do the whole car. Not bad for complete diy custom intertior
Yea I already have the black dash and console I just have to do the sides of the console, doors, and trunk

I havent painted anything in my Eclipse but my old Mustang had a black interior but a grey center console. So I bought some course sand paper, some fine grit sand paper, and a grit in the middle of the two (I dont remember the exact grits I used so,) and a can of grey spray paint for primer and a can of black spray paint all from walmart. I used rustoleum paints made for plastic and made sure all the sanding was smooth and even. washed it off with water and let dry. Coated it with the grey to prime it, then once it was dry I sprayed it down with the black. wasnt going for a glossy look so I didnt buy any type of clear coat.

You would think that the results would either be short term or without a sealant the paint would stick to your skin or something but it didnt. It actually came out very well and lasted for the 2 years I had the car. Cost me about $10

I havent painted anything in my Eclipse but my old Mustang had a black interior but a grey center console. So I bought some course sand paper, some fine grit sand paper, and a grit in the middle of the two (I dont remember the exact grits I used so,) and a can of grey spray paint for primer and a can of black spray paint all from walmart. I used rustoleum paints made for plastic and made sure all the sanding was smooth and even. washed it off with water and let dry. Coated it with the grey to prime it, then once it was dry I sprayed it down with the black. wasnt going for a glossy look so I didnt buy any type of clear coat.

You would think that the results would either be short term or without a sealant the paint would stick to your skin or something but it didnt. It actually came out very well and lasted for the 2 years I had the car. Cost me about $10
Thanks that's actually the first thing I read that didn't use SEM or Krylon to paint. I'll probably try that.

No problem. Its a cheap option for either something for now until you have the money to do what you want, or if you like it enough you can keep it. The black paint I bought was a gloss black so it helped match it with the rest of the interior and didnt give it a flat look. Ill see if I can find some pics on my old mustang forums

Back then like 10 years ago. I had 420a talon. It was what you can call Ginny pig cause i constantly couldn't set my mind on color theme. I originally got car with a full green fast and furious green interior and exterior. Didn't like it so went with white/blue interior all done with spray paint. No gloss or semi they with stick due heat especially summer. Then went with blue red for super man theme and change my mind. Finally set mind & stuck with red and black. For red and black I gutted my interior put a black dash that I pick up for 50 bucks, for doors I took panels off on all three parts. Plastic parts went black ,insert I did black vinyl with skull beveling out. Whole rest of door wrap in red vinyl. Headliner I wrapped in red vinyl and put my friends performance shop decal logo on top. Center console painted red/black, back peaces black,speaker mesh red,trunk black with red on covers for tailights struts ect. Also had custom peace right where you pull seat down that was made of wood with the word talon on it. Laid red vinyl inside to give lettering red color rest went black.so sad when I sold her. Basically gave deal of life time at the time.3500 for her and she went with my hard work interior, real duraflex front aggressor bumper, vis carbon hood,blitz back,blitz side skirt,z3 fenders, drop and lowered tokico springs and struts 50/50 never scrapped or rubbed,18 inch white motegis, intercooler,2&half turbo kits, stock bumpers fenders 2gb eclise turbo wing ,aluminum wing. All he needed was and stronger cluctch and ms and she would been and boosted side, 96k original miles with motor work on top of everything else. Sorry I got of track. I up to you paint is hit miss. You plan keep for long time fine when you try sell it buyers got like color. Plastic dip best because protects parts and can always peel it off. Some hydro dip parts, wrapping with material like vinyl,leather, is time consuming, plus can get costly, if wrapping in vinyl sticker like carbon fiber best method is take peace off clean part good make sure no cuts scratches cause it will show. Heat gun or hair dryer if you don't have heat gun in handy. Take your time and patients and you be fine.

Vinyl leather (imitation leather) can be somewhat shaped with help of heat. So if you decide to go that route arm yourself with a heat gun and apply that vinyl in a way similar to vinyl (sticker) wrap, similar to how mustracetsi described. Of course you'll have to use a spray-on adhesive to make it all stick.

Last edited:
Use grey suede, it should look real nice on the headliner and sun visors.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back