The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Winter Resurrection

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crimsondragon

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 17, 2006
East Brunswick, New_Jersey
So I went on a hiatus. About 4 months. I retired the DSM in mid September and got a Jeep and been tinkering with that. And for the longest time the DSM has been sitting in the garage collecting dust and among other things. Mostly critters. Seriously I started seeing spider webs.

Well lately I been feeling that it's time to get off my lazy ass, stop playing that MW2 and get to work. In the beginning I managed to get majority of the basic bolts on off. Intake, manifold, valve cover, etc. I was fighting an overheating problem when I retired it. Didn't want to deal with the bullshit so I let it sit.

Well, I moved on and started the 5 speed swap. Past couple weeks had me buying and researching stuff again. Last night I started yanking stuff out. So far I got the shifter, brake pedal, cables and TCU out. I have to figure out the ignition interlock switch. Meanwhile I assembled the manual cables to the shifter. I just need to get the cotter pins which I'll "borrow" while I'm working in the hangar on Tuesday. I researched what I needed and made an order for a ton of parts to JNZ. Also bought some stuff off ebay to stiffen up the shifting. Last item to wonder about is a short throw shifter then I'm set.

Since I'm still in school till the 22nd, I'll have to come back home next week to do more stuff. I plan on drilling the holes for the master cylinder, then yanking out that disgusting sound deadener on the firewall, and installing the pedals and shifter and do the wiring for the brake light. Afterwards, if I have time, I'll lift the DSM, knock the axles out and begin setting up the hoist to yank the motor and tranny.

This winter the DSM will go under the knife severely. I plan on installing the Evo Brembos, build the 7 bolt, build up the 5 speed, and possibly even more weight reduction (heater and AC along with HVAC, racing seats, etc...maybe), and look into fine tuning the suspension. Afterwards, get a set of either slicks or drag radials for the Evo 8 rims. The CF hood will be primed and repainted black. The downpipe needs a repair at the flex and finally get rid of the neckdown at the catback. The suspension will receive Prothane bushings and spherical bearings where needed. Finally, the motor and tranny will be dropped back in after the engine bay has been thoroughly cleaned. Projected finish date is Spring of 2010. However, that could change as I have received several options in life and have yet to decide what to do.

Good to hear. Now do yourself a favor and remove your seat. It'll make working under there so much easier.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back