The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Will a 99 tcu work with a 95 transmission?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pozobyt

10+ Year Contributor
Jun 22, 2010
lucedale, Mississippi
automatic transmission.

I put a transmission out of a 95 RS in my 99 RS, and it worked fine for a few months, and now the torque converter is locking up when I put the car in gear and stalling the car out, if I rev the engine to 4k and then shift, the car goes.

so I'm curious as to if the 99 TCM is rejecting my transmission, and if so would getting a 95 TCU work?

I would take it to a trans shop and have them pull the code.It should be a free service and can tell you where to start looking?

I cant drive it because it stalls when I put the car in gear, and even when I get it in drive and get the car going, it stalls when I come to a stop, and the only transmission shop is 30 miles away.

When I first got the car it shows a TCM failure code but when I put the new transmission in, the code never showed back up.

It sounds like the torque converter its self thats bad. If its a electronic torque converter it could be the solenoid.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back