The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

wiesco pistons on eagle rods

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

onelove3

10+ Year Contributor
Nov 11, 2010
fresno, California
ok so Im doing a rebuild. Im putting in these .020 wiseco pistons and eagle rods. When i put the first piston in it just didnt look good. need some help i put some picks up.:confused:

to me it looks like the piston is short. but could it be because of the 9:0:1 comp/ratio

Attachments

• piston.jpg
    piston.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 84
if you look the piston is top dead. and there is a gap. shouldnt the piston go all the way up

its a 2g block. 95 gst. i have the stock crank. eagle rods/CRS-5900-MBB. and wiesco pistons/6596M855

That sucks hope u figured that out after only putting 1 piston in, or u can try and find a 4g64 crank and make it a stroker

so i need a new crankshaft. then what would i need to make those pistons work with the block or should i just sell them and get the right ones

oooo yea that help thanx bro.

but i could still use the same rods right

As everyone said you either need to get a 100mm crank (to do this you will need to do some extra machining to the block because the larger crank will hit them) and make your engine a 2.3L, or you can get rid of these pistons and buy the proper ones for a 0.020" over 2.0L engine.

not everyone needs to machine the block Ive personally never done that but if you have any doubts you can file it down very easily yourself.
Onelove Your options are returning the pistons you have to get normal non stroker pistons or like everyone else is telling you just pop in the 100mm 4g64 crank.

is this a good idea for the dayle drive. I plan to use the car to go to work on home and when i can a little fun on the streets

Since your car is a FWD I would prefer to not build a stroker as the biggest gain you will get is more torque lower in the RPM range which means more burnouts for you. It will still be drivable if you get the 4G64 crank I would just opt to change pistons and keep it a 2.0 if it were my car. It will be more FWD friendly and easier to tune.

The main caps need to be notched to clear the 100MM throw and areas of the block needs slight clearance work. I'd recommend sticking with the 88mm crank and get the right pistons.

The main caps need to be notched to clear the 100MM throw and areas of the block needs slight clearance work. I'd recommend sticking with the 88mm crank and get the right pistons.

i agree sell those and get the right pistons

ok thank you guys for the help. but to find the best aftermarket piston. what do you guy recommend

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back