1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

wiesco pistons on eagle rods

Posted by onelove3, Dec 1, 2010

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Rix Racing
  1. onelove3

onelove3 Proven Member

Joined Nov 11, 2010
    fresno, California
    ok so Im doing a rebuild. Im putting in these .020 wiseco pistons and eagle rods. When i put the first piston in it just didnt look good. need some help i put some picks up.:confused:

to me it looks like the piston is short. but could it be because of the 9:0:1 comp/ratio

Attached Files:

2. j-90dsmtsi

j-90dsmtsi Probationary Member

Joined Jul 18, 2009
    pine, Colorado
    what about it didn't look right? and you obviously bored the cylinder over .20 correct?

181  0

1990 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    · 1G DSM
  3. onelove3

onelove3 Proven Member

Joined Nov 11, 2010
    fresno, California
    if you look the piston is top dead. and there is a gap. shouldnt the piston go all the way up

4. donniekak

donniekak DSM Wiseman

Joined Mar 23, 2008
    Surprise, Arizona
    Stroker pistons on a standard setup can look like that. What block is that? What crank? And, what are the part numbers of the rods, and pistons?

Street Build 4K  0

1991 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    manual · 1G DSM
  5. onelove3

onelove3 Proven Member

Joined Nov 11, 2010
    fresno, California
    its a 2g block. 95 gst. i have the stock crank. eagle rods/CRS-5900-MBB. and wiesco pistons/6596M855

6. donniekak

donniekak DSM Wiseman

Joined Mar 23, 2008
    Surprise, Arizona
    Those are stroker pistons, the pin bore is 6mm higher than a regular piston.

Street Build 4K  0

1991 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    manual · 1G DSM
  7. Pauls99Gst

Pauls99Gst Proven Member

Joined Jun 30, 2006
    New Port Richey, Florida
    That sucks hope u figured that out after only putting 1 piston in, or u can try and find a 4g64 crank and make it a stroker

8. onelove3

onelove3 Proven Member

Joined Nov 11, 2010
    fresno, California
    so i need a new crankshaft. then what would i need to make those pistons work with the block or should i just sell them and get the right ones

9. donniekak

donniekak DSM Wiseman

Joined Mar 23, 2008
    Surprise, Arizona
    Go to a pick n pull, there are tons of 2.4's there. Get your crank for $40, then get it polished.

Street Build 4K  0

1991 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    manual · 1G DSM
  10. onelove3

onelove3 Proven Member

Joined Nov 11, 2010
    fresno, California
    88mm or 100mm and would that 2.4l crankshaft fit on a 4g63

11. donniekak

donniekak DSM Wiseman

Joined Mar 23, 2008
    Surprise, Arizona
    The one you have is 88mm, which is causing the piston to sit 6mm lower at tdc. You need a 100mm crank from a 2.4. They are easy to find. The 12mm longer stroke will raise the piston 6mm in the bore at tdc.

Street Build 4K  0

1991 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    manual · 1G DSM
    99gst_racer likes this.
  12. onelove3

onelove3 Proven Member

Joined Nov 11, 2010
    fresno, California
    oooo yea that help thanx bro.

but i could still use the same rods right

13. SOADweskey

SOADweskey Proven Member

Joined Dec 11, 2006
    Jacksonville, Florida
    As everyone said you either need to get a 100mm crank (to do this you will need to do some extra machining to the block because the larger crank will hit them) and make your engine a 2.3L, or you can get rid of these pistons and buy the proper ones for a 0.020" over 2.0L engine.

14. Pauls99Gst

Pauls99Gst Proven Member

Joined Jun 30, 2006
    New Port Richey, Florida
    not everyone needs to machine the block Ive personally never done that but if you have any doubts you can file it down very easily yourself.
    Onelove Your options are returning the pistons you have to get normal non stroker pistons or like everyone else is telling you just pop in the 100mm 4g64 crank.

15. onelove3

onelove3 Proven Member

Joined Nov 11, 2010
    fresno, California
    is this a good idea for the dayle drive. I plan to use the car to go to work on home and when i can a little fun on the streets

16. SOADweskey

SOADweskey Proven Member

Joined Dec 11, 2006
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Since your car is a FWD I would prefer to not build a stroker as the biggest gain you will get is more torque lower in the RPM range which means more burnouts for you. It will still be drivable if you get the 4G64 crank I would just opt to change pistons and keep it a 2.0 if it were my car. It will be more FWD friendly and easier to tune.

17. Sam@RRE

Sam@RRE Proven Member

Joined Apr 2, 2008
    Santa Fe Spring, California
    The main caps need to be notched to clear the 100MM throw and areas of the block needs slight clearance work. I'd recommend sticking with the 88mm crank and get the right pistons.

18. spic21

spic21 Proven Member

Joined May 14, 2010
    albany, Louisiana
    i agree sell those and get the right pistons

19. onelove3

onelove3 Proven Member

Joined Nov 11, 2010
    fresno, California
    ok thank you guys for the help. but to find the best aftermarket piston. what do you guy recommend