The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

What spline is a 90 tsi most likely??

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swing lo

15+ Year Contributor
Jul 23, 2003
Jacksonville, Florida
I have a 90 tsi awd and i need a new t-case. What spline is my t-case most likely to be cause i have not took it off yet to look. I think it's a 22 spline.

And do most 90 awd cars have a 22 spline?

Yes you have a 22 splines, only 92+ have the 23 splines, the only disadvantage of the tranny with the 22 splines x-case is if you plan to upgrade your center diff (4 spyder or Qauife/Kaaz...) you will need a 23 splines and a tranny from 92+...

thats interesting, the 3000gts/stealths have 18 spline for 91-92, and 25 for 92.5-99, and i always thought these awd systems were the same, maybe they arent.....(i know the tcase is, or at least the yoke that leaks is....)

Hate to bring this thread back up, but shouldn't a transfer case from a 90 galant gxs fit a 90 tsi? Would the galant t-case still be a 22 spline since it's a 90.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back