The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

What OFH is this??

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NHerron

10+ Year Contributor
Nov 5, 2011
Missoula, Montana
My OFH pictured is much different than the ones I have seen otherwise. Also, it already had a very large oil relief port (stock), so I ended up not porting it. The front case has a "hyundai" stamp on it and the crank is from a G4CS block (Hyundai 6bolt 4G64 2.4L)

So is the OFH from the Hyundai too?

I'm mainly concerned about the turbos quality oil supply. Notice the huge brass block which has the oil line and -4an fitting on it?

Can someone confirm that is a filtered location? Comparing to a 2G it looks as though but I'm not 100% since the turbo failed last year sending a few blades into the engine...or so it looked..

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 55
  • 2a.jpg
    2a.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 57
I don't know if G4CS engines came with oil coolers, though I tend to doubt it. Anyway, it looks like a typical DSM water-cooled turbo OFH in which case that port would be filtered oil.

Agreed, looks like a normal 4g63t filter housing and oil cooler. The non turbo Hyundai engines do not have an oil cooler.

Ah yes I just did a quick search and all the water cooled ones look the same as mine. Don't know how I missed that before, but thanks for not shreddin me too bad. And yeah that's a filtered port. Off to adding a restrictor!

Thanks B's (again)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back