The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

What is the difference between a hi-fi turbo and a non hi-fi?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vr6chris

15+ Year Contributor
Jan 1, 2004
Silver Spring, Maryland
I have a t04 60-1 non hi-fi turbo, and the guy I bought it from said it was a non hi-fi. Can you explain the difference? Thanks

don't thread bump ever again.

i have no idea what the hell he's talking about. hi-fi is an abbreviation most commonly used for high-fidelity and is more often thrown around when describing stereo equipment in the 80's and early 90's.

WTF that has to do with a turbo is beyond me.

The info you want is here. Or for those of you too lazy to click and learn, I will copy and paste it here.

" Available with either the standard (4” inlet, 2.5” discharge) compressor housing or the 60-1 Hi-Fi ( 2 3/4” inlet, 2” discharge) compressor housing, the 60-1 will outflow any standard T04B with ease! (The 60-1 Hi-Fi will deliver approximately 90-95% of the flow capacity of the standard 60-1.)"

Just this MFG's name for a smaller compressor housing.

i dont think its any kind of ploy to get you to buy an inferior turbo..they offer it because not all cars or setups have room for the big 4" inlet 2.5" out....the terminology they use "hi-fi" is a little misleading but if you just read the product description you see what it means...turbonetics is who uses the term i think..just an "E" housing instead of the "S" (t04e vs. to4s)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back