The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

Unknown Part/ its broke

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

e-dub90talon

Probationary Member
Aug 12, 2006
Elsie, Michigan
I have a 1990 eagle talon w/ 2.0 ltr and no turbo, after the car warms up, a solenoid underneath the computer clicks and I lose rpms until the car stalls, I'm unable to find the part in a haynes manual, autoparts store computer, and while talking to local mechanics. i dont know what it is, but i have a hunch that its destroying my life.

the part is labeled E8T07071 with 0403 underneath it

If anyone else has had this problem it would be much apprecated if they could either tell me what it is, what it does, or where to find a new one

E-Dub out

The solenoid you speak of is called the mpi relay. Chances are, that is not the problem. You need to pull the ecu out, remove the cover, and check for leaking capacitors. This is a common problem on 1g dsm's and it sounds as if the leaking caps have already caused some circuit board damage.

e-dub90talon said:
....i dont know what it is, but i have a hunch that its destroying my life.

Sorry to hear it's that serious...
It can't be all that bad can it?

I agree though, Sounds like the ecu...

Its sunday, and i think i'm gunna try tinkering with the ecu, thanks for the help, i'll keep you posted

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back