The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Unknown Part Information Appreciated

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theeclipse2006

Probationary Member
Apr 27, 2008
Laurel, Delaware
I have a 2g 4G63 motor and was recently cleaning the air filter when i found a part that i cannot identify the part has two numbers K5T47698 underneath this number is 7X03. The other side of the part has numbers K5T49588 once again underneath is 7Y29. The part seem to have some line attachments such as vaccum lines but idk what it is its mounted to the passenger side of coolant overflow box underneath intake piping. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Like already said, I'll put my money up and say its your Boost Control Solenoid (BCS). Are the vacuum lines still there? There should be 2. It's ok that there are no vacuum lines there if you have a MBC. DO NOT UNPLUG THE ELECTRICAL CONNECTOR! It will throw a CEL if you do unplug it.

:dsm:

Ok called autozone while i was waiting for responses and they ran the part number and from what they could tell it was the ABS Hydraulic Cylinoid. Does this sound like a possibility? There are no lines running to it, and yes i have external BOV.

Just take a picture of it and post it that would solve all your problems, and what do you mean by "external BOV"? Please don't tell me your venting.

By "external bov" he probably means he has a manual boost controller as stated in his profile. Since you have a mbc then there will be no vacuum lines running to it. Just leave it plugged in so you dont throw a code.

By external BOV i mean that i have and external blow off valve on my piping just before the throttle body, yes i do have a manual boost controller that i have to say i really hate. So if i have no vaccum lines running to it just leave it be dont unplug which will give me a CEL?

Ok called autozone while i was waiting for responses and they ran the part number and from what they could tell it was the ABS Hydraulic Cylinoid. Does this sound like a possibility? There are no lines running to it, and yes i have external BOV.

Hmmm..after that post, I'm not sure. I dont want to say Autozone is wrong but a picture of the part would be great.

:dsm:

If it has no lines running to it then I don't think it would be ABS related. Aren't the ABS components on the driver's side anyway? Passenger side sounds like Boost Control Solenoid, a picture is worth a thousand words. Autozone has no clue what they are talking about half the time I go in their if I say Eagle Talon they have no clue what I am talking about, yet when I say Eclipse they find what I am looking for. Your best bet is either post a picture here, or call a reputable dealer/dsm shop...

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back