The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

turbos leaking

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boostcrazy92tsi

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 3, 2003
MichiganUS
ive been having some weird problems with my car lately. i have the stock 1g bov recirced back into my intake, but when i spool up i can hear the bov sound off just like if i were venting. i did a boost leak check today and i have a leak on the compressor oring from wut i belive. i can make the car hold 20psi and it will hold it for over 30secs but its still leaking. anyways the car is running lean and like i said i can hear the bov dumping. i belive the oring is the problem but i dont wanna rip in to the turbo to find out that its not. i checked my dejon tool intake for leaks and the couplers r good and the recirc pipe is brand new and clamped on. i really dunno wuts goin on, but its starting to piss me off cause i cant jack the boost up to play with my new supra smic :thumb: ANY input would help. o and the o2s were .82v when normally there were like .91 so somethin is leakin on the intake somewhere.

Jason :talon:

The first mod I did to my car was the removal of the stock air box and the installation of a K&N filter. After I did that I noticed the PSSSSH sound. It sounded like I was venting to atmosphere, but I still had the stock BOV. You're likely expieriencing the same thing. :dsm:

o2s r up to 85 at stock boost. i guess will c if they change with the boost up. thanks

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back