The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

turbo question

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RaceDSM3

Probationary Member
Nov 20, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
will the turbo from a 90 tsi fit in my 99 rs? i got a tsi that i want to take the turbo out of and put in my 99n\a but im not sure if ill have any problems. i wanna do a complete swap over from intercooler all the way to header. any ideas?

k so really nothing other that the turbo its self will work? bec someone told me that all u have to do is grind some of the corners off the manny and it will fit right up and as for the piping and the oil lines and all that stuff he said it is all inter changable

A 90 tsi and 99rs have completely different motors. One being mitsu made and the other being Chrysler made. Yes the turbo could work but it would take a lot of fab and other work. If you wanted to boost your 420a I'm sure a kit would be easier.

im not really trying to turbo my 420a i jus thought bec it was there i might try it LOL. but here is a question. 50% of people keep telling me u cant swap a 4g63 into a n/a but the other half say u can. they say there is special mounts u can buy to make it work but i have my doubts about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
the amount of work it would take to put a 4g63 in a rs would not be worth the reward when for less you could just buy a gst or gsx . and evo motor would be easier to put in a rs than a dsm gst motor.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back