The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G Treadstone TR8 intercooler / with stock T25

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Im writing this review because when we all read here a FMIC makes the stock T25 lag badly it puts us off a bit right!
Well i am here to say its not always true! Of course its size and pressure drop dependant but here is my review on this specific TR8 intercooler and effects so far!

I opted for this TR8 as it had nice cast endtanks was nice and compact, flowed well and was rated for a decent HP rating which should be my end goal one day, the unit is 3.5" thick and it fited pretty much exactly in the oem opening while retaining the stock bumper support/crash bar, AND..... It also kept the stock ducting to keep air flowing through the radiator! (So far no over heating on a hot day and the coolant temp needle never moved past where it always sat! So thats good news.

As for the lag effect, well what lag??? It was super responsive with the stock T25 and the effects are not even worth a mention, it still pulls hard down low and all the way up top where the tubo then falls flat of course, it cools really well as inlet is hot and the outlet is super cold so doing its job really well,

Overall i think this is a great intercooler for a T25 for those who want a FMIC and not create issues, (is also car dependant and it may vary per car and supporting mods but at least for me its not an issue and should not hopefully be any different for others either,

Intercooler piping is 2.5" across the pipe apart from the 2" turbo outlet and 2.25" TB inlet other then that its all 2.5" and as short as possible.

Thanks for reading, treadstone do make some nice units and other parts for our cars aswel so certainly check them out, (prices are also decent for what you get)

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back