The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

TRE stage 2 woot. pick it up today....

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

viperlp01

15+ Year Contributor
Oct 9, 2006
Kalamazoo, Michigan
I had major porblems with my trannys in the past. My first one i had the person who owned the car before didn't line up the dowels properly and popped a clutch spring. I was in the middle of traffic when this happened and i managed to destroy my 2nd gear syncro. Soooo two weeks into me owning my GSX i have a bunk 2nd gear. Sooo i move to kzoo and my buddy gets an 2G AWD and im like sweet i can get that trans. Well that trans was bad sooo i live in kzoo now so i went up to Jon and he is a awesome knowledgeable guy just like everyone says. I told him I never want to worry about my 2nd gear and he said he can work with that LOL. Sooo we went with stage 2. Im so excited to get it but not excited because i have nowhere to do the tranny in the cold weather.

You're just going to have to somehow get it done if you want that trans (which you will!). Take lots of breaks and buy some of those handwarmers. An ATV jack works well for the trans because its nice and wide along with the straps to secure the trans for raising and lowering. You only really NEED your fingers for threading a few bolts, rigging the shifter linkage, and installing the slave cyl. Do you have a driveway, parking lot, or a friend's house to work at? You'll love that double-second gear synchro. You can do 7000 rpm shifts no problem.

we'll what jon said is that 2gs came with doubled seconds already but there was a flaw in the way the syncro sits. I have done 3 trannys so far on my car. the first one with the clutch spring, second one with a clutch spring LOL and the 3rd one was the parts car. so this will be my 4th LOL. last time it took me about a day pretty much by myself

I've got a stage 2 shep trans (somewhat same as TRE) and i love it. Be prepared for "using-a-hot-knife-to-cut-butter" shifts.
And to baby it for the first 500miles.

That sucks you have nowhere to do it. Find a place or sadly your going to have to pay for a shop to do it. If you decide to do that inform them of the clutch fork shimming w/ aftermarket clutches...might help in avoiding extra labor + time.

Update.... I bought an oem tob today and i called my step dad to see if he had a place to do it an he was going to call me. My drive train is almost complete. ACT 2600, TRE stage 2, ACT street disc, New oem tob, custom made short shifter with an real 8 ball shifter,

update. I got everything out and in in about 9 hours. 2gs suck LOL. Well neways it is kinda stiff going into gear but it is still amazing. It fells like you hit a little lever that when pushed hard enough it grabs the shifter and throws it into gear. LOL. awesome

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back