The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Rix Racing

Tranny leak when clutch is depressed.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2.4 turbo Hyped

15+ Year Contributor
Jan 6, 2004
Portland, Oregon
This is the silliest problem I have seen yet on this car. My transmission produces a nice steady stream of tranny fluid that drips off of the transfer case only when the clutch is depressed. My guess is that its the drivers side driveshaft seal. Looking at a spare transmission this does not look like a fun seal to get out as it seems to be pressed in. Anyone ever have this similair problem?

hmm since i dont own a 1g 4g63, my best bet would be that its comming from your Clutch pump. Mitsubishi manufacture'd there cars with hydrolic pumps to dis-engage the clutch. Id take a look underneath have someone push the clutch in and watch the hydrolic pump.

Amm no its tranny fluid. I can watch it come out of the transmission between the transfer case and the tranny. Thanks for the input though.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back