The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Rix Racing

1G Tow point?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tsi617

Proven Member
Mar 10, 2016
Richlands, North_Carolina
Where can I hook up a trailer winch on my Talon. The rear of the car is poking out of the side of my house and I'd rather not push it (not running at the moment) out from the dirt path on the side of the house.

Preferred is the rear but where is the front factory points? Not looking for a JDM gigantic d ring.

I've done it two ways:

1. On the subframe there are 2 hole in the front subframe arms. If you have a tow rope with small enough hooks, you can hook in there. (pic 1)

2. Or hook on to the front seam lip on the subframe near the middle. (pic 2)

Either case, I'd recommend a tow rope so you dont shock load it and bend something. Just take your time.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Thanks. I usually use a tree saver with a tow strap for moving things. The tree saver is great for preventing damage.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back