The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

timing problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ali

15+ Year Contributor
Sep 20, 2006
Lincoln, Nebraska
I just got done putting a new head on my car, I went to start it today and got noting. I'm getting spark an fuel and my CPS sensor is correct also, but I am getting compression out of my intake, so I'm taking it that I am off 180 degrees on my timing belt.

What do you guys think?

Take your timing covers off and verify that the timing is still correct on the belt, it is very possible that you may have put the crank trigger plate on backwards (did you remove it?)

Take your timing covers off and verify that the timing is still correct on the belt, it is very possible that you may have put the crank trigger plate on backwards (did you remove it?)

Yeah I did take off my crank trigger plate, I'm going to take the cover off today.

Will I found my problem, my exhaust cam was 180 degress off.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

If you look at the holes for the dowel pins and then look at the timing marks the dont line up, so I got two intake cam gears and my dumb ass didnt see that when I put them on.

Actually i've seen this on crower cam gears where the timing marks are on the left side of the gear... its designed that way so it's cheaper for them to make them, but it makes it confusing and annoying for our engines. I suggest only buying AEM,HKS, or Fidanza cam gears. These have been proven on our engines and the markings on the gears themselves are much better than the crowers, and the gears you posted above.

unless maybe they did send you two intake cam gears, but im willing to bet its the only way they're made.

just remember next time look at the dowels... not the marks.

Actually i've seen this on crower cam gears where the timing marks are on the left side of the gear... its designed that way so it's cheaper for them to make them, but it makes it confusing and annoying for our engines. I suggest only buying AEM,HKS, or Fidanza cam gears. These have been proven on our engines and the markings on the gears themselves are much better than the crowers, and the gears you posted above.

unless maybe they did send you two intake cam gears, but im willing to bet its the only way they're made.

just remember next time look at the dowels... not the marks.

Yeah i'm planing on buying new cam gears when I get cams.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back