The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

timing belt and oil pump help please someone help

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicklesmack

10+ Year Contributor
Oct 16, 2009
phoenix, Arizona
Ok so to start the water pump is bad and i think that the castle plug on on the pump might be leaking i have not comfirmd if its the o ring or a cracked housing and since i gotta take the belt off, to replace the water pump im just gonna replace all the timing components including balence shaft belt i have never replaced the balance belt before i have done a timing belt once before butthe motorwas pulled so i have never done it well its still in the caris it hard any tips any one can give maybe if someones free u might be able to stop by and lend a hand will provide food and. Drinks let me know fellow dsmers if u can help out im looking to do this the sunday after thqnksgiving thx milo 602 397 1920

You can get the Balance belt off by taking off the Crank Position Sensor (two 10mm bolts I think?) and walk it around the crank trigger plate. (backplate). It helps to, after you take off the old belt off, to rotate the crank 90* counterclockwise to give adequate space so that you can rotate the crank and walk the belt off with out kissing any valves. Just remember it is back at TDC when you put the new Tbelt on!

Tbelt jobs aren't too bad. Take you're time if your new to it and be organized.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back