The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

1G Synchro rings to AWD Talon 91'

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hopsas

Probationary Member
Sep 24, 2019
Józefów, Washington
Hello,
I'm new, so please be polite <3
I have Eagle Talon TSI 1991.
Now i'm working with a transmission, but i have a problem.
I must change Synchro rings of course, but in my country they don't exist.
I found this on the internet - https://www.ebay.com/itm/381703135450?ul_noapp=true
Seller told me that FWD and AWD Synchro rings are the same...
But someone else told me that they are diffrent...
Please tell me that this is truth <3
Thanks for your answers

This can be answered definitely by @bastarddsm, @twicks69 or @pauleyman as they all are very versed in the DSM transmissions and I would trust any of their comments. Maybe they will chime in here in a few.
Good luck, watching just for knowledge!

Have you opened up your transmission and see which gearset you actually have? The image in that Ebay ad is showing early style small diameter 5th/Reverse synchros. The 1991 transmissions have a few variations and you will need to check before you order.

Specifically, you will need to check which 5th/reverse components you have. The early 1989-1991.5 transmission used small diameter 5th/rev synchros with an aluminum 5th/rev shift fork. 1991.5.1-1991.6.1 used small diameter synchros too but they were different material that were interchangeable with the 1989-1991.5 stuff.

The 1991.6-1999 transmissions used large diameter 5th/reverse synchros with a steel 5th/rev shift fork.

The seals, bearings and synchros in that Ebay post are for 1989-1991.5 fwd or awd transmissions.

It looks like the seals in the kit are supplied for both FWD and AWD applications.

The bearings in that kit look like they are only the input shaft bearings. The intermediate shaft bearings are significantly higher wear issues and should be replaced as well.

The intermediate shaft bearings are MD726236 and MD736638 for AWD applications and MD726236 and MD726237 for FWD applications.

I didn't see the description in the Ebay ad on my phone; it is for synchros only, no bearings or seals.

Personally, you will be finding that your transmission requires significantly more parts than what are included in the rebuild kit -- because it is not a rebuild kit; it is aftermarket synchros only included. Nothing else.

Thank you guys for yours support ! You are amazing ! I wil dissasembly my transmission and look at what you said. I know that they are cheap, but i'm from Poland, and transport to my county often cost more than a product... I mostly want to buy a Jack's rebuild kit for 500$ but my engine blow out so... Thanks you again !
PS Maybe you know somebody who knows something about G4CP engine ?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back