The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Stressed out with engine

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

green92gsx said:
I dunno where you heard that from? We had a 6 bolt 4g64 in are possession at one time. It has the same bellhousing bolt patteren as a 4g63. Same with the 7 bolt 4g64.

Some of the blocks are too narrow or wide for the bellhousing. It's been over a year since I've read anything on 2.4, so I don't really remember well.

sonicnofadz said:
Does anyone know if there is actual proof (as in lab results) between the different cast iron strengths of the 7bolt vs 6bolt?

lab results? I doubt anyone cares enough to put money into finding the real reason for the 2G problem. That especially goes for Mitsubishi, in the unlikely event that they don't know already.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back