The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G Stereo System

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PrimerPLus

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 28, 2011
Tokyo, Asia
So I have read on here that the amp that is under the passenger seat powers the speakers and the tweeters.

I do not have the amp under my passenger seat, previous owner cut it out and left the live wires there. I only found this out because I was doing some cleaning and noticed the slit in the carpet, pulled the wires out and it sparked like crazy.
I pulled the battery and taped off the wires for now.

Anyways I took my car to the local Image Audio and they put in for me new front door speakers (RockFord Prime Full Range 6.5" 4ohm 3-way) and Rear Speakers (Rockford Prime 6x9" 4ohm 3-way) and a deck (Pioneer DEH-6300UB)

So basically the rear sounds awesome, the front is pretty quiet, I open the doors to try and hear to see if its putting out good sound and it doesnt even come close to the rear. If you fade it forward doesnt sound great at all. Also I am pretty sure the tweeters are not working.

When just listening to the radio it's not as good quality as playing from my iPhone.
The guys at Image Audio said that its because my deck has a higher frequency and that's why I can hear static. I am not audio savy person so I don't really know much about it.

I bought an amp kit and installed it but I have not installed an amp yet just have the wires running, it's plugged into the back of the deck but not connected to the battery yet.

Anyways I just want to know what I can do to make it sound better, get my tweeters working, and find out if I need to use the wires that are sitting under my passenger seat or how to get rid of them so I dont have live wires under my carpet wrapped in black electrical tape LOL

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I have since changed out the shifter, and I got rid of that rust :)

Thanks for your guy's time.

Man... not sure what that stereo shop did, but they should not have gave you the car without first making sure everything is working as it should. In my set up, i replaced my stock head unit with a kenwood in dash-dvd, replaced my door speakers, dash tweeters and rear speakers. Also, removed/bypassed the stock infinity amp and wired those existing wires into my passive crossovers for my front component speakers and ran them off the kenwoods head unit power vice a seperate external amp which was more than enough for them to sound crisp and clear to me. So... I know it is possible to get everything sounding perfect and have good balance between the fronts and backs. Below is a link to a thread that describes the wire colors. Notice the front tweeters and rear speakers use the same color wires on each respective side. So, you will need to determine which set goes to which speakers. There are many ways to do this...

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/art...removing-2g-inifinity-amp-w-diagram-pics.html

Anyway, i hope this helped a little. I am kinda rushed right now, but if you have any more questions i would be happy to help as much as i can. Hope you can get this worked out. :thumb:

Well I am back at the audio situation. I have recently done the honda s2000 antenna swap. I had to replace the antenna cable that goes from the stereo to the antenna. I got a 2g non turbo non electric antenna base and screwed the honda s2000 antenna into it following that guide.
It seemed that they were making it out to have good reception but maybe it has something to do with those wires for the stock amp still not connected to anything and still live.

So I want to get my speakers working.
What amp would be a decent one that isn't too expensive and what tweeters?
That link that was posted above, is he using the pyramid crossover with new wires and tapping them into the amp harness?
Why wouldn't you want to chop off the pin plug and solder those connections for the crossover?
Or am I missing something?
I am not the greatest with wiring.
I am just tired of not having a decent sound system.
How is he connecting the amp to the crossovers?

Thanks for helping me out haha.

I drew this awesome picture to help me visualize what needs to be done.

So because I have an aftermarket deck with infinity system (Minus the amp because was removed by P.O) I need to

1) Get a passive crossover
2) Use wires from Factory amp Harness and wire those into the passive crossover
3)Get a 4 channel AMP and run RCA cables from the deck to amp.
4) Get 1" tweeters (Probably rockford to keep same brand as the rest)

What I don't get is how do I get the wires from the passive crossover to the amp.

What 4 channel amp do I want- later I will be getting a 10" sub maybe 2.

OR should I just run new wires from my deck to all the speakers and add in an Amp?

Thanks for the help.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back